Hid installed w/pics

(How long DOES it take to stop from 180, anyway?!?)
Using a HID setup that gives gives you a sight reading of 1 mile ahead. About 20 seconds of time to react.

Or 1 second to see the obsticle, 2 seconds to process the danger ahead. 12 seconds to conduct your downshifting/braking decent with a 5 second leeway to wet yourself, kiss the ground say your graces etc.

Or you can just skip the decent and the seat wetting and use the 8 seconds psychologically frozen realizing what's about to happen, 4 seconds locking up your rear tire trying to stop only to hit the obstical and spend your final 5 seconds thinking back on life while you you take your first practice flight prior to becoming an angel.

180 is insane......If you got the courage to get up to 180 and beyond props to you but if that's the case. Don't even risk it at night no matter how far you HID's show you.

Here in hawaii. They've made it a law to have pot holes in every road. Keeps us riders under 65MPH.

The pot holes are so bad you hit one going any faster then 15mph and you'll be teleported to a different county.

On a positive note I ordered a HID set from xenonking. I've been trying to figure out how people are mounting their igniters and ballasts. I am gonna try the dual lock velcro method. Seems to be promising but if anyone has experience in this or other methods can you please advise?

Mahalo!

2 year old thread
firedevil.gif

Sorry I was searching for ways to mount my ballast when it arrives...c'mon gotta
thumb_up.gif
for at least trying prior to posting the question. I found a reference to 3m dual locks in this thread. This led me to the idea of using it but I resurrected the thread to see if anyone had other ideas of mounting the ballast.

I didn't want to just post the question then get
guns.gif
guns.gif
guns.gif
down for posting a new thread when a previous one sorta spoke about it...

My bad
bowdown.gif

guns.gif

guns.gif

A very long time ago I mounted mine using 3m tape (dbl back), its still there today! Oh and it was on the right side just on top of the ram air tubes (ballast only). I removed one screw from the blinker assy and mounted the ignitor there... Easy schmezzy!

and Yes the light switch still controls everything, hope this helps...

Back