HID install questions ... and answers

head east busa

Donating Member
Registered
Ok so I've noticed a lotta guys (and girls) have questions bout their hid kits. I posted some pics of the kit variations and I'll try to make it as simple as I can for everyone. First you should have what we call a baseplate adapter for your low beams all your kits should have this. You may need to trim the corners for your application but DO NOT TRIM the 4 little posts you need those to extend the plate where you need it. the extra oval part trim away not a problem. below are some pics of this without this your low beam will not lock into place correctly and jiggle around. it goes on but remember to take off the container ring that the lights are shipped in.

more stuff 045.jpg

more stuff 047.jpg

second you got one of two kits a slimline or standard the slimlines are small ballast kits easier to mount on a bike the standard well they work but no so easy to mount.

more stuff 041.jpg

more stuff 042.jpg

more stuff 043.jpg

Third the bare ends are "supposed" to slide into the bike side socket (not that that always wroks sometimes they are loose ) for your low beam I highly recommend that you twist the wires after you install these and ziptie all 4 togethor as a precaution to them slipping out just in case. and as a secondary precaution make sure your polarity is correct (test it before you put it back togethor) other than that mount your brackets where you see fit and run with it , The high beam is supposed to lock in just like the old high beam so if it's loose you may need to (carefully NOT touching the bulb) tweak the little metal tabs a little bit remember you may want to remove it sometime. I haven't installed on any gen 2's yet but if anyone in the San Jose Area wants to come by for me to test fit a kit I'll be happy to donate one for the cause of knowing it's right.

more stuff 048.jpg

sweet post. i did not do my homework prior to ordering my hid kit. but i did exchange pm's with xenonking and spoke with brandan? over the phone. the kit I got appears to have the standard ballast (which do not fit well) and I do not have the baseplate adaptor for my low beam. My install is done but I have not ridden yet. I did several mods at once and finished just in time for the rain. Now I anticipate my low beam will move when riding. Maybe i'll get lucky and it won't. I was in place well but the bumps from riding will probably make it move. If so I will take her nose off again and fix it somehow.
your thread is great and you helped me alot in my thread
thanks head east busa

If you have an older model w/ out the headlight cut off you will need one. DEI 528T Delay Switch.
Make sure you don't get this wet when washing your bike - Don't ask me how I know. :whistle:

Last edited:
sweet post. i did not do my homework prior to ordering my hid kit. but i did exchange pm's with xenonking and spoke with brandan? over the phone. the kit I got appears to have the standard ballast (which do not fit well) and I do not have the baseplate adaptor for my low beam. My install is done but I have not ridden yet. I did several mods at once and finished just in time for the rain. Now I anticipate my low beam will move when riding. Maybe i'll get lucky and it won't. I was in place well but the bumps from riding will probably make it move. If so I will take her nose off again and fix it somehow.
your thread is great and you helped me alot in my thread
thanks head east busa

No problem man anytime I'll probably need some help myself as soon as I can afford to "upgrade" my pipes and what not and from what I can see someone here'll know the answer. Great place love the Org. :thumbsup:

If you have an older model w/ out the headlight cut off you will need one. DEI 528T Delay Switch.
Make sure you don't get this wet when washing your bike - Don't ask me how I know. :whistle:

I suggest for this (if needed) a large piece of heat shrink tubing works wonders for stuff that gets wet like that. seal off the ends with a little epoxy for an even better seal.

ya i have mine check it out
and check out all my others some of same pics but different things too dyno runs and racing cmora1300 USER NAME check them out leave comments thanx

Last edited by a moderator:
Because the fem OEM low beam connector and the male spade connectors are different sizes (hence the poor connection) your probably better to solder the wires from the ballast into the rear of the plug ? If you don't want them anymore simply snip off

HID Wiring.jpg

Hey, how do you take the bottom plastic housing that protecting the bulb(circle in red) by sliding it towards the black plastic base(circle in green). It won't fit.

HID2.JPG

Back