Hid Conversion

Jenny Busa

Registered
I am changing out the stock headlights for a HID set up. Can anyone recommend a HID kit for a 2007 Busa?
Thank you

If that's the case my advice would be to not do it at all. They actually put less light down the road than the halogen bulbs. They do put more light right on front of the bike, but that isn't where you need it.

Ok...something to think about...I had HID on my 600 so the old people see me down here in florida
Thanks for the input

You are correct about that, if you just put the bulbs in the factory housing everyone will see you.

Can I get brighter than the stock bulb without going to hid? Do you mean stock bulbs or just the hid bulbs when you say just put the bulbs in the housing?

Last edited:
Stock housing is designed for a halogen bulb. I wouldn't put a hid bulb in a halogen housing (I have done it in the past). PIAA extreme white is a good halogen bulb, I run them in my Harley.

Another option could be go LED. I personally have no experience with LED head lights, but a few members have tried them some with good results . Maybe someone with some experience can chime in and give their opinion.

I'm with nosbig on this. I understand the "wanting to be seen" as I'm also in Florida, but after trying the cheap HIDs and the expensive ones, I decided to spend the money and retrofit 2 HID projectors in my stock headlight and it's amazing the light output I have now. Is funny to see someone pull out in front of me at night and I just hit the high beams and they move out of the way quickly thinking is a much bigger vehicle approaching them from behind. Lol! Since I have two projectors with dual function, I have 2 low beams and 2 high beams. I also converted my turn signals into running lights in the front and rear, so when I'm going down the road the turn signals are illuminated white in front and red on the rear until I activate left or right turn signal, at which point, they operate as normal Blinkers. There is a member her that makes and sells the switchback LEDs if you want to convert your turn signals.

Thanks you for the input. I think lights have been the hardest thing to figure out. I like the idea of turning my blinkers into running lights....something to research. Who is the person you recommend for the running light set up?
Thanks

Thanks you for the input. I think lights have been the hardest thing to figure out. I like the idea of turning my blinkers into running lights....something to research. Who is the person you recommend for the running light set up?
Thanks
I see nosbig already answered your question. Gixerhp is a great asset to the forum and easy to deal with. He even gave me a call to explain some things and make sure my install went smooth.
Here is a pic of the front running lights.
IMG_8766.JPG

Back