HID/ clock on instrument cluster

jerryjaw18466

Registered
i recently install hids on my bike about a month ago. i noticed my clock keeps resetting its self. and the dash makes a beep/buzz sound and the low beam wont work all the time the problem is intermittent. im ready to ditch the hids and go with stock head lights.

When I had high and low HID's hooked up I was having all kinds of weird electrical issues on the cluster. I uninstalled the High beam and only once in awhile my clock and shift light will act up... not sure why but I blame the HID.

My clock reset itself only two to three times since I did install many months ago.
Since then no problems ? Which really makes it weird ? the Buzzing sound may be the ballasts from the HIDs ?
Where did you mount them and have you seen this thread I did ? It may help you find your problem ? https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gen-ii-busa-information/124304-gen2-hid-install.html
On the low beam working intermittently check all connections .
Did you go with 35w or 55w kit ?

mine also reset

so i altered my starting method

bike in neutral
hold down the start button
key on
squeeze the clutch
let it idle a sec
let go the start button

that way the engine is idling before the HID surge lights them up.
one day i'll get around to wiring up the HIDs straight from the battery.

You may need to move the ballast as well, get it located as far away from the gauge cluster as possible. Using velcro and zip ties to secure the ballast to the ram air tube is one of the better locations.

This has been a problem reported here before. It seems that some bikes do not like the HID set up, while others have no problems at all.

Your ballasts are messing with the gauges. Move them away as far as possible and that should help a lot. I never had a problem with my clock resetting or anything like that.

I've had mine on for about 2 months now. I think my clock has reset once, other than that, no problems period and i love them! Not sure where u have the ballast secured, but i secured mine to the ram air tube like in blanca's thread, and works perfect

i zip tied them to the air tube like the one tread explained and followed blanca busa post. and im 100% the faint buzz/beep sound is comming from the cluster not the ballast. it only makes that sound when the low beam dosnt work

my guess would be u have a problem with one of your connections, are the spades in the connector good and tight? If u are having an intermittent problem with the lowbeam then it has got to be a connecion, or maybe by some odd chance u got a fauty ballast? I don't know. Mine definitely made a buzz after installation, coming from the ballast's, i can barely hear it with all the plastics back on though

Also try routing the wires away from the dash too! I tried to keep everything away from the dash as much as possible! I have heard gen 1's having this issues too! I have 2 bikes with HIDS on them and currently no issues with the dash!

My clock also resets from time to time but seems to be doing it less, No buzzing though.

i bought the hids from sportbikelights.com. i wouldnt recommed them to anyone they were pretty rude to me on the phone. im gunna go with ddm tunnning hids everyone seems happy with them.

i bought the hids from sportbikelights.com. i wouldnt recommed them to anyone they were pretty rude to me on the phone. im gunna go with ddm tunnning hids everyone seems happy with them.

Did the kit come with spade connectors or plug and play connectors like in my link above? Most of the DDM kits come with spade connectors and .org members have had great success with those. I went with the adapters linked above and found the connections to be very solid and have no concerns about the connectors falling out or coming loose.

You may want to try the connectors first and reroute some of your cabling under the dash. If that turns out not to work, order the DDM kit and then spade the connectors over to the DDM kit.

i installed mine just like Blanca, but did replace the spade connectors with GM ones and also added the notorious ground switch so that I control the light on/off since i have the running lights and only take the bike out for track days anyways... Never had any issues and my clock has never reset... GL

i never had this problem with my HID's. I'm using a 55 watt kit. both highs and lows. doesn't matter how i start my bike.

my guages and clock is all fine.

I'm blaming your ballasts and resistors.

doubt placement has anything to do w/ the reset prob. as mine has reset and i never moved it. i did change my startup method (see earlier post) and it hasn't happened since.

IMO it has to do w/ the elec. draw when the lights turn on at the same time as the bike and the battery can't take it.

doubt placement has anything to do w/ the reset prob. as mine has reset and i never moved it. i did change my startup method (see earlier post) and it hasn't happened since.

IMO it has to do w/ the elec. draw when the lights turn on at the same time as the bike and the battery can't take it.

I agree with the draw.. some ballasts may draw more then others. My ballast is a cheap kit and might be the issue. Some friends with HID's on there bikes have to warm up to get bright... mine don't ( not noticable if it does ) so the draw might be instant.

i removed the low beam ballast and bulb and replaced it with stock bulb sylviana silver star. and the problem went away 100% so i think i had a bad ballast or bulb

Back