Hi..........

flombo13

Registered
......... I am test riding THIS on Monday and would appreciate any advice you have to offer me. :thumbsup:

I have loved Busa's from day one, but never actually been able to afford a newish one. I currently ride an 08 zx6r and want to go bigger, more for size than speed, so is the Busa easy enough to live with? Is 2000 miles all you can expect out of the rear tyre? I have read plenty reviews, but I would much rather hear it from owners, so thanks for any input in advance :beerchug:

:welcome::welcome:

link is broken... advice on test ride? take your time and no heroics... :)

Yeahjust respect it when I first picked up mine It took a mile or so to realize exactly what I just did :lol:

:welcome: If depends on how hard you ride if you are on the power all the time your rear will have a short life span. Ride it with care and respect as it is a very powerful machine> I would say I am a Moderate rider ( give it a blast when I can and do a lot of 2up ....... can't keep the wife off it it's that addictive"... I have 30,000 KLm's with 1 change of tyres at 23,000 klm's they are Bridgestone BT's so it's up to you how you ride to save your tyres.:beerchug::thumbsup:

Thanks for the welcome and the words of wisdom :thumbsup:

Think I'm going to have to have it :lol:

The link works for me, but for those that it don't work for, here is a couple of photos of her, 2008 model only 1300 miles.

00001114-001.jpg
00001114-003.jpg

:welcome: My stock tires have 4600 miles on them but I'm not a very aggresive rider. You'll love the Busa. Just be carefull on it.

:welcome:I still don't have enough miles on to change the tire. But good job on looking at the fastest color. I am passing 1500 miles and I am not showing excessive wear on the rear. But I am a moderate ridder. I suspect tire life might be a function of speed and how agressive you are. Besides are the stock tires only good for 20 minutes at top speed?

Welcome.

How long have you been riding? You have a 2008 ZX6R. How my miles have you ridden it? Whatever you do, don't whack the throttle like you might on a 600cc looking for more power. You will find yourself getting dumped on you butt as the bike wheelies away from you.

Maturity and finesse are the key to handling a Busa.

:beerchug:

Thanks for the welcome and the words of wisdom :thumbsup:
Think I'm going to have to have it :lol:
The link works for me, but for those that it don't work for, here is a couple of photos of her, 2008 model only 1300 miles.
00001114-001.jpg
00001114-003.jpg

Very, very nice. Welcome to the madness. You will love it 4sure, respect the pwr.

:welcome:

Welcome.

How long have you been riding? You have a 2008 ZX6R. How my miles have you ridden it? Whatever you do, don't whack the throttle like you might on a 600cc looking for more power. You will find yourself getting dumped on you butt as the bike wheelies away from you.

Maturity and finesse are the key to handling a Busa.

:beerchug:

Been riding for about 5 years, started off with a V-Strom 650, but quickly changed to a 02' ZX6R 636 a1p, changed this for an 08 model last september, but it is just too small for me............. in size, I ain't really comfortable on it.

Maturity :rofl: I can do that ........ if only in age :whistle:

Finesse, at 6ft and the weight of two sportsbike riders this may be difficult :lol:

The bike is a good bit heavier and can get away from you at a stop sign real easy. It's extremely quick and fools easily. So break it in easy and enjoy. I'm thinking 5K on my factory rear tire.

:welcome: to the oRg

Back