hi-ratio fifth & sixth

OB_bigabusa

Registered
It may be of interest that i am making hi ratio fifth and sixth gears. this was for the car world giving a better cruising speed, but it may be of use for low geared drag racers on the street. top speed is up 16%, the higher 5th splits the jump. the complete set (5th/6th) is approx.$700.

building the 84mm X 71.5mm motor now. will give data as soon as she's bedded in. waiting for main's shells. should have it running by mid week next week.

bigabus can you give me some specifics on the en30&40 british steel i know daynat was curious also.especially as to whether it was omniforous or not.

[This message has been edited by THE MOTORHEAD (edited 08 June 2000).]

I hope the gears will be ready this week, I'm chasing! I just realised that the market for these may be much bigger than kit cars.
I can see that if you are geared right down for dragracing then a taller top end gear would be really useful. Like I said top is 15% taller than stock with 5th split to give a better gap between 4th and 6th. If there ready this week I will put them in my 1600. should be fun.

hey where can i get some round stock en30 or40 anyhow?want my cams made out of it.i'm only going to 390 lift but i like the materials reputation.

Back