Hi Newbie Who,s Bought An Hayabusa Trike

Leepeter1975

Registered
IMG_0220.PNG
Hi a newbie from Scotland, a bit about me im 41 and not ridden a bike in 10 years and that was 125cc and wanted to get a trike. Bought one on fleabay just waiting for it to be delivered a 2002 hayabusa. Im a little nervouse but excited, been lurking on here a few weeks reading and learning what I can. Has any one any exsperience of an hayabusa been triked, and if you have are they insane. And the colour is changing its going to be white and silver, the lightning is a little nasty.

Last edited:
All I can say is be careful! Trikes have their own oddities handling wise and I can't imagine all that power makes them safer.

Like fallenarch said, be careful! I've never seen one of those in person. Good luck!!

IMG_0218.PNG
Got a 2002 hayabusa trike, get delivery of it in January and just wanted to know what to expect. Ive driven cars for 20 years and only a brief spell on 2 wheels 10 years ago riding a 125cc. Am I mad or will it be fine, with only 10 days till delivery getting a little nervous. You might ask why a trike, dont have a bike licence but want the biker lifestyle. Love the evil insect like look of the hayabusa and being a bloke the speed and power does atract, but should I have started on something with a little less power. Cheers from a rainy cold Scotland. The colour is going to change, got a set of the the white and silver fairings and going to go white on the tank.

Yes you're mad. Get a motorcycle license.
How long before you can return it to a real Hayabusa?
And get rid of that awful top box.

Welcome to the org. I would imagine you can expect everything from your new trike that you would from a regular bike. See how she runs and shifts. Torque will be much higher but manageable with the extra weight.

Welcome. I think you will be fine because you have limited experience with motorcycles. Like the reverse trikes, bike guys hate them new riders love them.

Cheers guys, ill ride the trike through winter and see in the summer about maybe doing my test. The trike can be returned to bike again, but previousowner spent far to much on converting it would be cheaper to sell and just get a bike.

Back