Hi! I have a question about buying a Hayabusa.

Laukis_Klein

Registered
Hi, once again.

So I currently own a 2009 Honda CBR600RR Phoenix Edition. 9983 Km's on it. Bikes been dropped by my rowdy little cousins.. then my best friend, Who ACTUALLy dropped it.. while it was parked. And a few scratches on the black ferring part. But its not that bad.

The only damage the bike got was with the right hand side view mirror. All i need to do is get it replaced, and the bike will be good to go. Mechanic told me I should get the bike checked out before I sell her. So I did. All I need to do now is get her after winter tune up. I live in Canada by the way.

so um... Yeah. Would it be possible to trade 09 Phoenix for a Hayabusa possibly a 08? :/

1busa

Registered
I remember seeing that edition at my Honda shop when it first came out. I think it stayed there for a couple years and they marked it down to like 8,500 or something like that. Either way brand new it was only worth that much and I see 08 busas selling for the same price used with all kinds of miles so I don't think you have a straight up trade. Maybe if you throw in some cash on the deal but who in their right mind would want to trade a busa for a dropped 600 ???

Flicka

Professional Booga Flicka
Registered
Last time I saw a bike like yours, the rider was being fitted with a shiny set of handcuffs... :laugh:

I would be surprised if you find anyone willing to trade bike-for-bike with you. You never know when you might find someone who's looking to trade a Busa for a track bike, but I'd still expect you'll have to put cash with the 600. Good luck with it.

:welcome: to the org!

Got-Busa?

Donating Member
Registered
You'll have to come up with some cash if you want to trade at a dealer. No chance you'll find a BUSA owner willing to trade straight up if that's what you are asking?

Otherwise, your best bet is to sell yours.....then go find what you are looking for in a Hayabusa... ;)

rubbersidedown

BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID
Donating Member
Registered
Sell, get the cash, then buy.
Bingo. Just sold my 07 cbr600rr for 7300.oo Then grabbed an o7 busa for 8000.oo so yer not far off.(then sold all the busa goodies I didnt want and now have even less invested). An 09 busa will cost you about 9 g's.

IMOH a "trade-in" at a dealership is never the way to go.

Depending on where you are in canada,busa's can be rare. They are not a dime a dozen like the states. A private trade even with cash will be tough.

Dont take this personally but that is the most fugged up color scheme on a CBR I have ever seen. I know its all personal taste,but I think you'll be hard pressed to find someone interested when there are so many other colors to choose from.If you get a decent offer,take it.

My CBR sold to the first guy who looked at it.She was MINT thou.Low K,not a scratch.

All of my opinions above are based on the fact that I have been buying/selling/riding street bikes in Canada(west coast) for over 30 years.Busa's since about 2002. Good luck with it.
(my 07 pictured below,sold a couple months ago)

RSD.

h2.jpg

h3.jpg

h4.jpg

h5.jpg

chrisjp

GM of Haya's in the Hills
Donating Member
Registered
:welcome: and what did you learn about loaning something you pay for out to others who are not paying for it?

Latest Bikes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1300alaska