Hi from England and need help please

JohnnyDangerous

Registered
Ive been looking and reading the forum for about a week, what a fantastic forum, anyway Ive joined up, after owning my 01 Busa for only 3 days I had a real bad accident that ended in me hitting a London taxi at about 60mph, result was
Broken femur 2 places
Broken collarbone
Broken Sternum
Broken ribs
Both lungs punctured
Split liver
Bruised heart
1 month coma

This was in August, I have just started putting the bike back together and I cannot get it to turn over on the starter, when I got the bike back from the fatal accident police !!! the top fairing, clocks and headlamp were all torn off, ive bought new guages and they reset and I have ign lights etc but no life with clutch pulled in and sidestand up. I need a pic of the top part of the bike broken down, like a microfiche parts snap would have and also where the little fuse box is under the left handlebar should there be anything in front of the little box that contains the fuses? Thanks guys, heres some pics for you

photo2.jpg

photo1.jpg

coma
overheating.jpg

my ZZR1200
Kawasaki.jpg

busa today
P1020306_zps3eb10ea9.jpg

P1020307_zpsafb2f43c.jpg

Ouch! Sorry about the accident. Check the tip over switch located on the frame above the transmission, should be behind where the tank would be. I bet it has come loose. Glad you are on the mend and welcome to the oRg. But the tip over switch should kill fuel, it should still crank. The fuse panel is located under the left inner fairing. You may want to check the clutch switch and the side stand switch, make sure they are ok. :welcome:

Wow my Friend, I regret to hear about your mishap and I wish you a quick and speedy recovery.
I dont have any info of what you're looking for, but I still hope you heal up quickly

Welcome to the Org by the way :welcome:

Wow, I'm so sorry to hear about this, but so glad you're OK after what had to be some scary recovery time for you and your family!!

Welcome to the oRg...hope you'll get all the info you need from the gang here :thumbsup:

:welcome: to the oRg :thumbsup:

You are a very lucky individual. The brake handlebar looks like it took a good lick, could it be the killswitch ? If it's there, cycle it a few times.

Thanks guys, its not the tip over switch thats still attached where it should be, the kill switch is a replacement as well it looks like there should be a relay or more fuses in front of the little black fuse box under the handle bar, I can take pics tomorrow. Hoping to be back on the bike asap but the leg just wont bend !!!!

WOW, looks really familiar.... Glad to see you up and moving... Let us know what images you need, Im sure we have them somewhere as there are hundreds of us that have done rebuilds or teardowns..

WOW, looks really familiar.... Glad to see you up and moving... Let us know what images you need, Im sure we have them somewhere as there are hundreds of us that have done rebuilds or teardowns..

Well basically I havent removed the top fairing, clocks etc so dont know if im missing anything like brackets etc a parts pic would be great.

Thanks for the replies guys , much appreciated heres a couple more pics of my other bikes, im selling the 2 R1's and the 1200 and keeping the Busa:laugh:

P1020311_zpsa6969673.jpg

R1-2.jpg

R1-5.jpg

Welcome M8. It is a pleasure to see a good Englishman join us as I was stationed at RAF Croughton, England in Northampton-shire from 97-00 and really got mixed in with the local community. Now for your busa, get a multimeter and check all the switches particularly the tip over, kick stand and clutch switch after you isolate them from the harnesses. You will need to go systematic with the troubleshooting procedure and remember, a thorough visual inspection resolves most issues before you have to dig deeper into the bits and pieces. You'll have to check your start run switch as well since this may have been damaged in the crash and could be stuck in position due to the extended storage time the bike endured. Switch it to the ohm meter/resistance check and cycle the switches or rotate spin them so as to actuate the inertia aspects or the polar functions and you will see an open/infinite resistance when it is set to the disable position and a 0.0 or near that display if it is indeed good.

If you dont have a clutch assembly and a clutch switch the bike will not turn over.
So as for your pic, you need just to start this bike a left handle bar switch assembly, as well as the clutch master cylinder assembly!

Then the bike should run, you do not need gauges for it to run!
Good Luck

Welcome M8. It is a pleasure to see a good Englishman join us as I was stationed at RAF Croughton, England in Northampton-shire from 97-00 and really got mixed in with the local community. Now for your busa, get a multimeter and check all the switches particularly the tip over, kick stand and clutch switch after you isolate them from the harnesses. You will need to go systematic with the troubleshooting procedure and remember, a thorough visual inspection resolves most issues before you have to dig deeper into the bits and pieces. You'll have to check your start run switch as well since this may have been damaged in the crash and could be stuck in position due to the extended storage time the bike endured. Switch it to the ohm meter/resistance check and cycle the switches or rotate spin them so as to actuate the inertia aspects or the polar functions and you will see an open/infinite resistance when it is set to the disable position and a 0.0 or near that display if it is indeed good.

Thanks for all the help guys, the bike has all its handlebars and new switches back on now, I will do a few tests today on the 'safety' cut outs, I will also take a pic of the fuse box that appears to be missing something.

Thanks for the link to the microfiche heres what im unsure about although looking at the pic it looks like nothing plugs in to where I circled it in red

Snap1_zps0988c20b.jpg

That is where the interlock relay plugs in, it is also known as the flasher too!

Yeah, I just found it myself on the shop manual that I found thru here, thanks again. Its described as the side stand relay and flasher relay, heres a pic from the manual

Snap21_zps6dba05af.jpg

You wll not crank the bike without that relay in the fuse box, it controls all your lock outs.. If youneed any parts let me know and I can build you a box of parts and ship them all at once to save you money....

Back