Hi from a newbie!

Pop

Prairie Rider
Donating Member
Registered
Hi...I just found this forum and I figured I would join.  Just got back into motorcycles after a long time away.  Last week I made my purchase (2005 new model).  My dream bike!  My boy is on it.

WE026.jpg

<!--EDIT|Pop
Reason for Edit: None given...|1109177564 -->

Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the board! Next thing is to get rid of the reflectors and take some more pics!
biggrin.gif
There is a lot of information to be found and shared on this board, so we hope you'll stick around. We do require a little more information about our board members though. We'll let it slide temporarily because you just got the bike!
laugh.gif

Hey BB...Let me know whet you want to know...I will brief you....!

It's really up to! Start with ridin' experience, family stories, whatever you feel like. What made you want a Busa is always a good topic. What you plan on doing to the Busa is even a better topic!

Welcome to the Board Pop
biggrin.gif
, nice looking 05! You could leave the reflectors on like I did. But then again all the Brothers & Sisters prefer no reflectors

Welcome!!! I got to see the new '05's finally, just a few days back...yours looks sweet!

Hope you stick around, make yourself known around here...
cool.gif

Thanx for the hospitality and yes I will stick around. After being out of the game for a while I need to get back into it and learn as much as possible again.

BTW my first prurchases for this beast were:

220 mph Ingiglo gauge liners and Frame sliders. Sould be here this week. Any pointers on how the gauge liners are installed?

Welcome Pop, there is a thread on the faceplate instal if you do a search..Going with the 220 mph faceplates you'll need a yellow box to correct the speedo error your going to get with these faceplates..Love the Blk and Red Best 05 color IMO..again welcome to the maddness..Dr.

welcome to the board.
cool.gif
congrats on the new Busa.

<!--EDIT|jwcfbd
Reason for Edit: None given...|1109182012 -->

It's really up to you!  Start with ridin' experience, family stories, whatever you feel like.  What made you want a Busa is always a good topic.  What you plan on doing to the Busa is even a better topic!
Let us see.... I am a father of 2, I am a cop in the USAF, stationed in Cheyenne, WY. I have ridden many bikes before with the biggest being a Suzuki 750. SInce I have taken care of most of my financial responsibilities I figured I would get back into riding. I tried the Kawasaki 12-R and the 1200 ZZR and the BUSA. I liked the "feeling" of the Busa the most. It is a beast so I am taking it really easy until we both get used to each other. With machines in this class all I can say is Respect above all.

Respect is a must Pop, but I think you've got it all hammered out and I'm glad you finally got what you really wanted...

Have a blast!
cool.gif

Welcome Pop ... sweet ride ... I like those colors. I'm retired AF myself and my first trip to FE Warren was last summer when I drove 28 hours to there to buy a used Busa from another retired AF guy in your area. Definitely some great riding out there and the civilian LEO's don't seem to be to hard on bikers
smile.gif

Welcome aboard! Until your last post with the additional info I would have thought you were too busy riding the new thing. Shouldn't you be too busy riding your new toy?
rock.gif

Welcome to the org, Pop!
cool.gif

Congrats on your new purchase~ Very sweet lookin' bike~ Can't wait to see it come together as you slowly mod it out... and you will~ Oh you can try to deny it, but you will be adding this and that before you know it...
wink.gif

Pop,
Congratz. Your avatar was teasing us with the best color scheme, only to find that other color on your ride. j/k
tounge.gif
. Welcome and say hello to SG-1 for me, I'm a big fan.
biggrin.gif

Back