Hi-abusa, from Central PA

zCat

Registered
(puns lol)
Just figured I'd say hi. Just bought a new Hayabusa in central PA yesterday and rode it home. I've ridden some literbikes and the like some before but definitely the fastest bike I've owned in the 15+ years I've been riding, by a pretty significant margin. It was an absolute blast to ride home, looking forward to getting on it more and maybe meeting some other laid back people in the area for a ride and a couple beers sometime. I've got the "camel hump" on the way, haha!

Hayabusa.jpeg

Absolutely beautiful colour ! Any other bikes currently in your stable and just out of curiosity what’s the first mod your thinking of doing (other than removing the reflectors of course :))

Absolutely beautiful colour ! Any other bikes currently in your stable and just out of curiosity what’s the first mod your thinking of doing (other than removing the reflectors of course :))
Thanks friend! I currently also have a Honda CBR 500r that I’m considering making a dedicated track day bike now that I’ve got the Hayabusa but the jury is out on that; the wife wants to learn to ride so it may become her bike if she enjoys it.
As far as mods are concerned, I really love the sound of that Yoshimura full exhaust, that may be in the near future. Other than that I’m still looking around right now because the aftermarket offerings for this bike seem extremely diverse; there are so many options that it’s hard to know where to begin. I like the factory color a fair amount but there may be some accent pieces and details I adjust; will be perusing these forums for inspiration as well, for sure

Other than that I’m still looking around right now because the aftermarket offerings for this bike seem extremely diverse; there are so many options that it’s hard to know where to begin. I like the factory color a fair amount but there may be some accent pieces and details I adjust; will be perusing these forums for inspiration as well, for sure
Think long and hard before you even buy one sticker or a set of custom tire valve caps.
If I had all the money back I spent on mods,I'd be rich.
If you decide on chrome or blacked out or whatever,try and pick one.Pick one...and don't waver. I finally realized that some bling was a better pursuit than what everybody does... spending several thousand bucks chasing 10-15 horsepower.
For example,if I did it again,I would be happy with cool sounding/looking used slip-ons(mint shape of course) than a full exhaust system. Extra horse is cool and all,but how many riders use the full power of a Busa on a daily basis. New Busa owners have 180 HP. Is it critical to get 195? IDK.
Ignore the boyz if they tell ya what I ride today. :D
Totally different if you decide to hit the drag strip or chase LSR,etc.
Rubb.

Think long and hard before you even buy one sticker or a set of custom tire valve caps.
If I had all the money back I spent on mods,I'd be rich.
If you decide on chrome or blacked out or whatever,try and pick one.Pick one...and don't waver. I finally realized that some bling was a better pursuit than what everybody does... spending several thousand bucks chasing 10-15 horsepower.
For example,if I did it again,I would be happy with cool sounding/looking used slip-ons(mint shape of course) than a full exhaust system. Extra horse is cool and all,but how many riders use the full power of a Busa on a daily basis. New Busa owners have 180 HP. Is it critical to get 195? IDK.
Ignore the boyz if they tell ya what I ride today. :D
Totally different if you decide to hit the drag strip or chase LSR,etc.
Rubb.
Hi That a great bike, you will have a lot of fun with it. I own a 1999. It will be my street / LSR / drag bike. Yes you can spend a lot of $ on you bike just ask Rubb or me. See my thread my very slow build

Back