Hi-abusa, from Central PA

zCat

Registered
(puns lol)
Just figured I'd say hi. Just bought a new Hayabusa in central PA yesterday and rode it home. I've ridden some literbikes and the like some before but definitely the fastest bike I've owned in the 15+ years I've been riding, by a pretty significant margin. It was an absolute blast to ride home, looking forward to getting on it more and maybe meeting some other laid back people in the area for a ride and a couple beers sometime. I've got the "camel hump" on the way, haha!

Hayabusa.jpeg

Notenoughtoys

Registered
Absolutely beautiful colour ! Any other bikes currently in your stable and just out of curiosity what’s the first mod your thinking of doing (other than removing the reflectors of course :))

zCat

Registered
Absolutely beautiful colour ! Any other bikes currently in your stable and just out of curiosity what’s the first mod your thinking of doing (other than removing the reflectors of course :))
Thanks friend! I currently also have a Honda CBR 500r that I’m considering making a dedicated track day bike now that I’ve got the Hayabusa but the jury is out on that; the wife wants to learn to ride so it may become her bike if she enjoys it.
As far as mods are concerned, I really love the sound of that Yoshimura full exhaust, that may be in the near future. Other than that I’m still looking around right now because the aftermarket offerings for this bike seem extremely diverse; there are so many options that it’s hard to know where to begin. I like the factory color a fair amount but there may be some accent pieces and details I adjust; will be perusing these forums for inspiration as well, for sure

rubbersidedown

TURBO-BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID
Donating Member
Registered
Other than that I’m still looking around right now because the aftermarket offerings for this bike seem extremely diverse; there are so many options that it’s hard to know where to begin. I like the factory color a fair amount but there may be some accent pieces and details I adjust; will be perusing these forums for inspiration as well, for sure
Think long and hard before you even buy one sticker or a set of custom tire valve caps.
If I had all the money back I spent on mods,I'd be rich.
If you decide on chrome or blacked out or whatever,try and pick one.Pick one...and don't waver. I finally realized that some bling was a better pursuit than what everybody does... spending several thousand bucks chasing 10-15 horsepower.
For example,if I did it again,I would be happy with cool sounding/looking used slip-ons(mint shape of course) than a full exhaust system. Extra horse is cool and all,but how many riders use the full power of a Busa on a daily basis. New Busa owners have 180 HP. Is it critical to get 195? IDK.
Ignore the boyz if they tell ya what I ride today. :D
Totally different if you decide to hit the drag strip or chase LSR,etc.
Rubb.

Think long and hard before you even buy one sticker or a set of custom tire valve caps.
If I had all the money back I spent on mods,I'd be rich.
If you decide on chrome or blacked out or whatever,try and pick one.Pick one...and don't waver. I finally realized that some bling was a better pursuit than what everybody does... spending several thousand bucks chasing 10-15 horsepower.
For example,if I did it again,I would be happy with cool sounding/looking used slip-ons(mint shape of course) than a full exhaust system. Extra horse is cool and all,but how many riders use the full power of a Busa on a daily basis. New Busa owners have 180 HP. Is it critical to get 195? IDK.
Ignore the boyz if they tell ya what I ride today. :D
Totally different if you decide to hit the drag strip or chase LSR,etc.
Rubb.
Hi That a great bike, you will have a lot of fun with it. I own a 1999. It will be my street / LSR / drag bike. Yes you can spend a lot of $ on you bike just ask Rubb or me. See my thread my very slow build

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Vaggabon1 Highway pegs on aBusa.... Busa Mods 35
LadyHawk Tri-abusa... General Bike Related Topics 31
O THEY\'VE TAKEN MY ABUSA! General Discussion 9
O abusa moving on up General Discussion 2
pashnit Central California Highway 58 Ride Trips and Touring 1
LADYBUSA Any Organized Rides In The Central Alabama Area? South East Riders 0
Duke1340 HELP !!!?? NEED MORE ROOM ..Motorcycle Paddock Central Stand Side Lift .... Gen II Busa Information 4
Dscahill Central US Meet/Greet/Ride? Trips and Touring 2
ncyellowbusa newbie from central nc General Bike Related Topics 8
F New Busa Owner in Central Illinois New Owners Forum 14
captain Chatroom 8pm central Random Thoughts 11
stevieB Just Sayin G'day from the NSW Central Coast New Owners Forum 9
E Places in Central Fl for Dyno Tune Gen II Busa Information 3
S Central Florida suzuki service-- New Owners Forum 9
Loomis Meet and greet central north carolina area South East Riders 7
B Corbin Seat in central NY? General Bike Related Topics 1
pashnit Pashnit Busa rides Central Cal Motorcycle Wonderland !! General Bike Related Topics 21
twotonevert Central OK members check in please. Random Thoughts 9
D Dyno Turner in Central New York General Bike Related Topics 6
S Anyone from the Central Georgia area? Random Thoughts 3
delbert rotor not central Busa problems 0
twotonevert You central Oklahoma guys post up! Random Thoughts 15
tmpowdercoating anyone in central il area General Bike Related Topics 0
Vonderbach Who is in West Central Florida that can Dyno Tune? General Bike Related Topics 8
B new dyno in central PA Geographic Riding Areas 0
5 Need Tuner on central Jersey Dyno Kings 2
Kento-Moto ATTN. Central Calif Peeps - Turlock Auto swap Random Thoughts 0
N Central NJ Busa Spottings General Bike Related Topics 0
chrisjp Nw/central pa meet and greet North East Gatherings 0
S N. FLA, Central and south GA,....need a bike shop? look here General Bike Related Topics 5
highestgrade central to mayaro & back General Bike Related Topics 6
Justyntym Jones Performance (Central Fl) is Awesome General Bike Related Topics 8
BiggDaddyBusa08 Central Jersey riders Geographic Riding Areas 0
BowDown So starts a new season in Central NY! General Bike Related Topics 8
Justyntym CycleWerks Central Fl, they suck General Bike Related Topics 29
B Central PA,MD,VA, and other riders! Geographic Riding Areas 3
B Central PA and other riders! Geographic Riding Areas 0
newb California Central Coast Busa owners General Bike Related Topics 5
B Need someone in Central florida to install led's Appearance mods 6
trekfuel Rooms in Central florida. Random Thoughts 2
F Hello from Central NY New Owners Forum 53
JR'S BUSA Central Florida get together Random Thoughts 69
Howabusa Central Ohio Riders General Bike Related Topics 21
D Apartment Finder (Central Floridians) Random Thoughts 5