Hey whos the guy that rebuilt the busa from a wrek

him

"THE HAYABUSA STUNT GUY"
Donating Member
Registered
Hey i was looking for the post of where the guy bought the busa that was torn to pieces and he put it back together. It still had mis match fairings on it when he posted the pics. Could you pm me i have some questions

There was a guy who had a bike that was driven off a cliff or something like that...well anyway i was wondering how hard it was to replace a motor. Heres teh extent of my mechnical abilities. I installed my own exhaust, alarm did a swing arm swap pair valve. i feel pretty comfortable as long as i dont crack open the engine. What all would i need to do the job? I know the engine removal tool and crate for the motor but what else?

Hey, that guys lives in my city and I know him presonally. I can ask him for you or get you his email addy if you like. I am not sure what his name is on here?

You will need a floor jack and to support the bike from overhead . Tie downs work well there . It never hurts to have an extra hand around either .

Got a bad motor your replacing ?

yeah im thinking about replacing it or having someone else do it. a floor jack to support the engine right not the bike?

If you are strong enough, I found it easy to remove my engine after taking all the fairings and gas tank off and then laying the bike on its side and remove the mounts and then let the engine lay on the ground while I moved the bike around the frame. I did this with my GSXR though.

think ill pass on that...im about 160 lbs

think ill pass on that...im about 160 lbs
laugh.gif

I just rebuilt my engine this spring...

I didn't need to support it from above... we just....

1. support the bike with the front/rear stands.
1.1 Remove Chain
1.5 Remove tank, air box, side fairings, front fairing, exhaust, exhaust headers...
1.6 Remove battery.
1.7 Disconnect all wires, spark plugs wires, throttle stuff, etc... from engine...
1.8 Disconnect all hoses... clutch hose, etc....
1.9 Remove radiator / oil cooler
2. Use a floor jack to support the bike when you remove the engine bolts...
3. IT TOOK 3 GUYS TO GET THE ENGINE OUT FROM UNDERNEATH THE BIKE WITHOUT DROPPING IT. I don't see anyway you are going to lift that engine yourself and guide it out... 4 guys would be better...
biggrin.gif

I am sure I missed some stuff, but this will give you an idea what is involved... We had the engine completely out in 2-3 hours tops...

Cloud

Hey i took it to the dealership today. Apparently its just my engine case that broke and clutch cover. My shift fork is jacked too. I was asking the guy if there were any mods to be done with only that part of the engine out and he said he didnt think so. So i wont need a new motor but can you think of anything i can throw in there to give me some extra ump! Also plan on getting the cable clutch conversion kit since the cover needs to be replaced anyway
wink.gif
. Oh yeah i kinda figured i wouldnt be able to get the engine out by myself espically since i stopped cycling my steriods
blush.gif

Hey i took it to the dealership today.  Apparently its just my engine case that broke and clutch cover.  My shift fork is jacked too.  I was asking the guy if there were any mods to be done with only that part of the engine out and he said he didnt think so.  So i wont need a new motor but can you think of anything i can throw in there to give me some extra ump!  Also plan on getting the cable clutch conversion kit since the cover needs to be replaced anyway
wink.gif
.  Oh yeah i kinda figured i wouldnt be able to get the engine out by  myself espically since i stopped cycling my steriods
blush.gif
just your engine case that broke...
smile.gif
that sucks dude... !

Sorry dude, I have missed your recent threads... What happened? Did the chain break...? Sounds like you were at high RPMs and then dropped the clutch to bend the shift forks...

Go with motorhead's clutch cover replacement... It is 250 tyd and it will support a 20 tooth sprocket later if you go turbo plus it will protect you from chains breaking...

I am thinking that I recall a thread on the cable clutch mod and I don't think it was a good thing over the hydro clutch... ;)  You could spend the cash in an electric shifter and then don't worry about the clutch, plus you don't have to refill it...
biggrin.gif

Here is some pics I posted a while back of the engine out... The last pic. is a picture of the engine removed completely... THere are also some shots of the case split...
biggrin.gif

CLoud

<!--EDIT|Cloud9
Reason for Edit: None given...|1125456382 -->

biggrin.gif

Sounds like you are going to have to pull the engine apart anyway... If you got to pull her apart, then what is your budget for mods... Good time to do engine internals for a turbo setup...
biggrin.gif

I am thinking you won't be able to get to shift forks without splitting the case anyway...

YOu could also do a lock-up clutch... They are real expensive, but maybe worth the money since you seem to go to the track a lot...

<!--EDIT|Cloud9
Reason for Edit: None given...|1125455741 -->

Dont want a lock up clutch casue i do quite a bit of the hangining out in corners stuff. As for the internals i figure i wont be able to have the shop thats working on it fix it anyway as i have a 500 dollar deductable and still need a new chain
blush.gif
. I get my quote back today and was gonna give a call to SPAZ to see what he can do and for how much. I cant really take the engine apart my self as i dont have the knowledge or garag to do so. Ill let you guys know what happens today

Get that stunt Busa on a truck and bring it down here one weekend. Get all your ducks in a row and gimme a call. If you don't have access to a truck, I'll come get it.

Let me know when you guys plan to do it I might be able to lend a hand for pizza and beer. I have to go to south Michigan to pick up my Victory V92C and will ride through your neck of the woods.

Ok guys got an update. Total cost of damage drumrolll.......4,041.12
wow.gif
. I told the guy today i probably wont be able to afford the deductable so if the insurance company pays 3500 then im on my way to SPAZ for a port polish cam and hopefully 20 HP
smile.gif

Damage was as follows:

Bent shift fork
water pump assembly
sprocket cover
cltuch rod
gear shift cover
swingarm chipped
chipped front and rear sprocket
damaged engine sprocket

and 1300 bucks worth of labor
wink.gif