Hey! What did I miss?

Cookie

Registered
Hey, guys and gals!

I have been a way for a while,, I know. Times have changed. I am settling down,, I thought I would take a new approach on many things, from a new career to a new way of approaching each new day. Life is wAAaaaay short to not have as many friends around as possible.

If I offended you in the past, please forgive me,,, the economy has played a huge roll on my life. I am still digging out. Basically,, an eleven year mortgage business failed. A move to another State (CA) and a HUGE amount of cold water slapped into the face of a guy that was always used to laughing a lot,, used to a lot of money,,, brought down to nothing. Sheer distinct humility.

But, a new direction for my business plan, new structuring, new hope. I will say, whoever invented the saying "Patience is a virtue" probably went insane shortly after he said it, because I think I am half way there. :laugh: Maybe I could change my screen name to 'Kookie'.

I have some good things planned for the coming year, some that I can hopefully play out here and other sites. My first thoughts are a charity of some sort,, you know, 'fallen guy gives back' sort of thing. I'll talk to Doug about the details on that staying within the proper guidelines.

I guess the tough guy roll either totally consumes you or makes you more humble. That is on each person to decide,, but I have to continually change,, and change for the better has always been my motto. So, is having fun and laughing,, especially at myself.

The Internet is a funny thing, isn't it? It's a place where you can come on, say a few things and take your whole life out on unsuspecting people, close it down and go about your business,, whether good or bad. Well, NO MORE! I either laugh, at you (in good spirit), with you, at myself (mostly) or it doesn't happen!

I'm a good guy,, not one of the bad guys,,, and the strange part about all of that is the last time I left here, things were sitting too well. I let things that were happening in my life, and each of you has your own lives and stories, so you know how crazy it all can be. But, I feel that I need to say these things,, and who cares right? Who is this guy? Who cares?

But, call it my day to come clean and climb up and out!

Not everything is square yet in my life. There have been tough days like two weeks ago my Mother had a terrible fall onto her face,, it was touch and go there for a while with her in ER not knowing. But soon with all evals done and onto to the s2nd, then 3rd day,, we were calmed with her self progression. She broke slight bones in her orbital and her front teeth, She is a tough one. She started refusing the morphine to move quickly out to Norco's,, then to Tylenol,,, always in charge. I guess that is where I get it. So, the third week out now, and she is in a recovery facility gathering strength anxious to be released to go home.

So, I think it is these personal set backs that give you pause,, make you realize that you are not superhuman and cannot hold the world on your own shoulders. It is events like this that bring you back to reality and let you know that each day is worth fighting for,, that all that you do in that day,, is everything in the total fight for 'who you are as a person'.

I still reaching for excellence each and every day. The fight to be better is never over for me,, from the exact moment I wake in the morning,, to the last conscious thought I have at night on my pillow,,, In my thoughts and prayers, I thank God for all of the adverse things that HAVE happened (as strange as that may sound),, because, as it is said, "what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger!"

And I ask for peace,,, and understanding amongst all of those that are having a tough time,, to grow with each other into a new era of prosperity and happiness,, to give to those that are less fortunate,, to allow those to know that we are all God's children and deserve to know and feel calm, comfort and love,, on whatever level that can be given!

I will never give up! I will always look for a way to be better and help those around me.

In short; outside of these postings, I am not the internet persona of a blue suited monster,, or a blinking eyeball, I am human,, I am humble,, I am myself. Just an ordinary guy with good thoughts,, to correct the faults I made the day before. I live and breath past these "typed out words" on a screen and I know you do too. I would more than likely give you the shirt off of my back to help you through (although, if it says 'Hayabusa' on it,, probably not :whistle: ). So, if and when the time comes and we have the opportunity to meet, please come up, throw a hug or handshake on me and say "hello",,,

So, please accept my most humble apologies,, from a guy that realizes right along with the rest of you that are stumbling through this mess that if you don't stand back and look at yourself every once in a while,,, you forget to learn and live.

Aren't the colors and the fragrances of this world beautiful! Isn't life wonderful! Life and each new day is certainly a blessing. God bless you. I hope you are well!

Well Chris.
I have a short attention span, so I didn't read all of that crap, but welcome back here and I hope you are doing well!!

I favor different boards from time to time also.
Change is not always bad. I hope your changes come on strong for ya!!

:beerchug:

Thanks, Chris. No big thang, I guess. Just another OG going through life. Hope you well, too.
icon12.gif

DevilDawg! :beerchug:

Cookie, glad to see you posting, we all go through those times myself included... Sounds like you are dealing with lifes issues well... hang in there, keep your head up and most of all Welcome back...

Cap

wb man...good to hear you muddled through it and comeing to better times!!

Thanks all! Smac! Chris! Semi! Good to be cruisin' the halls again. Loads of good people and info here.

Thank for the WB to your digs, Doug. :thumbsup: It's being able to know with the right attitude you will come out better once making it through the bad times. Although I have learned to never say that I have experienced the worst,,, somehow, someway,, that can always come back to haunt you. ???

I like the '69 model better...waz up cous'

Got your msg the other day...thanks for returning the call LOL!!!

SIX MONTHS LATER haha
Posted via Mobile Device

I like the '69 model better...waz up cous'

Got your msg the other day...thanks for returning the call LOL!!!

SIX MONTHS LATER haha
Posted via Mobile Device

My first car when I was sixteen was a 1967 SS Camaro. I bought it for $900.00. I terrorized my town for over two years with that and my Mother said enough was enough. So, it has always been a thought to do a total custom non-numbers matching build with independent suspension, trick this, trick that,, lowered like a formula one car. :laugh:

My voice mail is slow! :rofl:

to grow with each other into a new era of prosperity and happiness,, to give to those that are less fortunate,, to allow those to know that we are all God's children and deserve to know and feel calm, comfort and love,, on whatever level that can be given!

Cookie ... your killing me man !!

Last time I chatted to you > you were kicking the sides of your house in ! I think I liked you better then :rofl:

Back