Hey! i read that the busa ain't the king anymore..

JINKSTER

I Love my Wife!
Donating Member
Registered
and that's what i got as i walked into at work first thing this morning....from a non-riding coworker..and i could tell he was thrilled to break the news to me...and hoping i'd be upset or depressed...so?..i smiled back at him and politely said..

"That's Nice"
biggrin.gif

then finished stirring my coffee and went to work...and i think he's still scratching his head.
laugh.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

<!--EDIT|JINKSTER
Reason for Edit: None given...|1152227666 -->

I had a guy at work do the same thing... so I asked him "really, where did you see or read the comparison, as far as I know there has not been on done yet"? he stood there looking like an idiot so I decided to strike the finishing blow and asked "I did not know you ride, what do you have"?
cool.gif

man i have heard that since i am 1 out of 6 busa riders here i am the only one who has been to the track and everyone knows my times in a 1/4 mile so a few non riders came up to me at a local pup and started to get me worked up all i could say is buy one then we will see huh

I had a guy at work do the same thing... so I asked him "really, where did you see or read the comparison, as far as I know there has not been on done yet"? he stood there looking like an idiot so I decided to strike the finishing blow and asked "I did not know you ride, what do you have"?
cool.gif
I was working with a model and her jacka$$ boyfriend said the same thing about the 13.5.

My response was "I think you mean the Suzuki 1500 Ninja."
He says "Yeah that's the one.".
So I say "Never saw one in person so I don't know."

Then I went about my business.

My screen saver at work has a Black Busa on it. A guy at work knows that I want a Busa. He says hey the Busa ain`t the fastest anymore. Why don`t you go and buy the Kawasaki, its faster. I looked at him and said, is that right? You go buy the Kaw and I will go buy a Busa and we will see.
He turned around and did not mention bikes again.

I parked my 05 Busa LE behind my (smack talking) coworkers's black ZX1400 today after he did not want to ride it with me to lunch???

After work, I was the first out to the two bikes. I then fired the Busa up while I put my jacked and gloves on. He then walked out and listened to the Busa run. He said it sounded nice. Jumped on the 1400 and then took off quickly.

I have seen him a few times while I have been out, but he never wants to ride with me for some reason???

Everybody at work still talks about my beast. He seem to just sit there now not saying to much.

I got that line from a dealership - not from the people who work there - just some random jerkoff. I was there with my Busa...

All I said was - "Come on outside and we'll sort this out
rock.gif
"

cool.gif

Wankers...cant afford a 250cc motoard and they are f****ng with me on a Busa...

Lowlifes...scum...ass-kicking practice targets!

Hell Try working at a multi-line Dealership... Folks allready assume you're some pro-Busa Zombie with no riding skills, and they cannot wait to tell ya about the latest greatest "Whatever"... They come a runnign with the magazine de-jour in hand, so proud of themselves that THEY found something someone said was faster or better...
laugh.gif

I usually respond in the same way... With the ZX10 I was allways "Cool, Right On!" with the ZX14, I smile and Say "Excellent, now all the Posers and Squids will run over to it and worship it for awhile."
laugh.gif

Folks just don't seem to understand that not many Busa owners really give a rats a$$ about "Top SPEED" and even fewer have been there... It's a non-issue.

Really messes em' up.

laugh.gif

went to Union Grove this weekend to watch a bike shoot-out...had a few old-school KZ-1000s n GSX-R1100s, sum Buells, a 900 or litre-bike or 2, and like 17 Busas there. A few ZX-12s (one ran 9sec 1/4s ) but not a single 14 at the track...guess they got close n heard the two Busas n a Gixxr 1K5 knockin off 8 sec quarters n got skurred!
tounge.gif

for me?..I've been to the pin more than several times over...and the first few times?....it was awesomely cool but..after the first few times?..it's just not a place i'm interested in being....matter of fact?..I sorta quit having fun at anything over a buck fifty or so as if i'm past that mark?...chances are i ain't "leaning"...but i am left wondering wtf i'm doing going that fast...in a straight line...waiting for a tire to blow?...nah...wondering when my chain will cut loose and puke itself through the casing?...nope...i'm usually straining my eyes to see if there's a flock of buzzards neck deep in road kill from 1 mile and a mere 20 seconds away...and i can't see buzzards 1 mile away...maybe a 1/2 mile at best...which factoring in reaction time to begin effective 2 wheel braking gives me about 8 seconds too...."duck". LOL!

bottom line?..the busa has more of what i want and where i want it...(right where the big kwak has a huge flat-spot)...and the busa has so much of what i want?..i doubt i'll gain enough skillz in this lifetime to truely master it..but?...i wouldn't mind a new penske rear shock....some valve work in the old forks annnnnd......a great deal on some cool azz rearsets!
biggrin.gif

but i sure as he11 wasn't going to take the time this morning to explain all that to my degradating co-worker!
laugh.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

Who the "fug" cares?
rock.gif
Ill tell you who.Kids,posers and squids.The ones who end up getting seriously hurt and then the media jumps on and says "Oh that bike is SOO dangerous".Personally i think its better that someone else has the "fastest sportbike" title.Youll have less ignorant people buying them and splattering themselves on the concrete.Like Ben Roethlisberger.I know many people on this site are about top speed and all but how often do you really do it? Not that often is it.All literbikes and sport touring bikes these days are faster than what you would need.The real men always beat the posers in the twisties.Its the turns man.You can have a zx14 but someone on a 600 will KILL you in the curves if you dont know how to ride.End of story

Let it go, the only riders that can see the slim advantange of 13.5 are few and far between...also the Busa can do more all around than the Kawi can ever do!! So let the Squids and Posers have there fun because in a couple of months time the big dog is back AGAIN to take all of their short lived fame back...
biggrin.gif

i said it before and i'll say it again: bought my 2006 busa new this spring INSTEAD of the zx14
biggrin.gif

[I was working with a model and her jacka$$ boyfriend said the same thing about the 13.5. My response was "I think you mean the Suzuki 1500 Ninja."
He says "Yeah that's the one.".
So I say "Never saw one in person so I don't know."

Then I went about my business.
jump9.gif

Nice.

<!--EDIT|FastCurrey
Reason for Edit: None given...|1152390498 -->

Back