Hey guys ?

4wd

Registered
What kind of fuel mileage do you all get? I filled my first tank 150 miles last night and got 38.5 MPG, mostly up and down RPM's breakin miles. The gauge really drops fast after 1/2 full. 'Bout 50 miles to the red zone. I burn E-10 which is 89 octane. Regular dinosaur gas is 87.

Also, I was thinking of getting a GIPRO gear indicator. I'm tired of trying to hit 7th. Might bend the shifter lever. Have any of you noticed a fuel economy drop when adding that unit? And which is better? the blue readout or red?

This Hayabusa is one smooth running motorcycle. I think my speedometer is off, as 100 MPH indicated feels like 70 MPH.

Suzuki_Hayabusa_009.jpg

I would say that 38.5 qualifies for good mileage. If you are anywhere near 40mpg you are doing fine.

Yeah, I'm somewhere between 40-45 myself. I ride about 80% of the time on 4-lane highways.

Try 87 octane. You may find you get better mileage. Remember, it takes at least two tanks to notice the difference.

Also, if you have a lot of miles on the bike and you haven't ever synch'd your throttle bodies, you need to do so.

--Wag--

I would like to know how you guys are getting 42-46 mpg I think you guys are crazy quit filling the mans head with malarky I get about 38 average and most of my riding is Highway as well

rubber2burn, Sorry man, that's what I get 40-45.  Only thing done is a pair of Yoshimura Slip-ons.  Now if I wanna get on it and race somebody on the interstate it will go down.  But when I'm just riding to and from work, it's 40-45.  Sorry man.

Great posts! thanks Guys for the imput.

And TXBusa that camera of yours takes some awsome picts

I just got back from a 850 mile trip this weekend averaging 61 mph and 43 mpg. So on the road that should give you a hint of what you can expect ( I use 87 octane )

The fuel mileage discussion is always popular. I took one long ride that was at least 95% highway and got over 44mpg according to the mpg reading. When I do a lot of stop and go commuting, that drops by at least 10 to around 33-35 mpg. It's odd how drastically different readings I'll get depending on my mix of riding. On my previous bike, a Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, I never saw anything but around 47 mpg no matter what kind of riding I did.

(Wag @ Jul. 22 2007,10:47) Try 87 octane.  You may find you get better mileage.  Remember, it takes at least two tanks to notice the difference.

Also, if you have a lot of miles on the bike and you haven't ever synch'd your throttle bodies, you need to do so.

--Wag--
+1 on using 87...you'll get your best results with it
wink.gif

His bike is a '07 ya KNUCKLEHEAD
crazy.gif

I get 36-43mpg depending on riding and RPM levels.

I have a GiPro but have used it only as an indicator.

I started out with about 30 to 40 mpg. I added a power commander and a set of Yoshi RS3 slip on's and took her up to Laguna Seca. Average was 45 to 48 on the Highway.

Back