Hey guys

Renegaderrjr

Registered
Im back from Afghanistan. Yay America. Finally got to ride the bike and i love it. I did an oil change and when i pulled the plug the guy who owned it had a regular washer on the plug. So i replaced it with the correct one but I'm still having a small drip from somewhere. I put it on the rear stand, pulled the fairings, and wiped it down so i can try to trace it. I can not find it though. Another thing is i put in the recommended 3100ml of oil, but when i stand it straight or look at it when its on the rear stand there is no oil in the window. Add more? Input would be appreciated.

You need to bring it up in the window, but... make sure it is not past the window and too clear to see. Easier off the stand to tip the bike & be sure. No idea about the drip, if it is off the drain plug (stretched threads/) I would put some teflon tape on it until I could get a new plug.

Welcome home sir... thank you for your service...

Here here!!! :beerchug:
Thank you

MEN like you make me...

May God bless you and yours for your selfless sacrifice.

On the drip, like Strom said I'd try some Teflon tape on the threads. Most likely it will seal it up.
You sure you used a proper crush washer for the bolt?
And a GenII takes four quarts to bring it to the window just under top.
Not sure about a GenI?

Did I say thank you yet?
:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

I have a newly refreshed gratitude of what you folks go thru after watching some of FUNKER530 videos on YouTube.

You did use a crush washer on the oil plug, right. Careful when tightening it. They strip out easy. I've got the same problem after 8 oil changes and just bought a new plug and crush washer for the next oil change. Best of luck.

Anything close to 4 qts. on the oil when changing the filter.

If you have the bike on the rear stand, the oil sight glass is not going to show anything. All the oil is running forward. YOu have to have it on the wheels and sitting level

:welcome: home! it sounds like they have given you great advice so i'll just say thank you for your service :beerchug:

Back