Hey guys newbie from NC

G-Rom

Registered
Hello to all. I am a long time rider first time busa owner. I just bought a 2006with 5500 miles on it. I pick it up on Monday night. What do you guys recommend I do to it? I was thinking about bringing it to the local dealer for a service, oil change, complete look over and new tires. It kind of needs tires that is why i am replacing them. Also, can I put a 200 tire on the stock rear rim? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks. Greg from Raleigh NC.

Yes you can put a 200 on a stock rim

:welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

Make sure you post pics, What color is she. ???

Thanks for the answer about the tire. Color is black/grey. I will post pics as soon as she gets in my garage. Probably won't be until Tuesday. It is lowered and it has had the mirrors removed. I am gonna put mirrors back on it and gonna raise her up a little. I am a big boy and I will probably bottom out the way it sits right now.

Last edited:
I could be mistaken, But I dont think 06 came in Black, Am I wrong guys. ???

Black and gray. Sorry I have not seen it in person yet. I am itching to get it. It's gonna be a long weekend.

Black and gray. Sorry I have not seen it in person yet. I am itching to get it. It's gonna be a long weekend.

Yes it will, and then you will be going to look at it every 10 min to make sure it is still there and to assure yourself that yes indeed it is yours.

You mentioned taking it to the dealer, Probably not a bad idea for the first time, ( $ $ $ $ ) after that, ask questions here and save yourself some $ $

Very Very smart group of guys on this site ( Im just here to learn )

Then its time to start the Mod process, Take it from someone who know. PACE YOURSELF it can get expensive. :poke:

Congrats and welcome! Check out the Southeast Riders forum as there are several members near you :whistle:.

:welcome: aboard! :hello:

Several riders in the area. Be sure to check out the thread on the Fall Bash in Robbinsville ;)

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. I hope to be able to use all of the knowledge here to help me out along the way.

:welcome: to the org.
I would suggest that you do not start the bike until you get new oil in the case and check the gas tank for moisture and have it checked. You don't want to throw dirty stuff in the engine if it has been sitting for a while. Even if stored properly, gas and oil break down.
Just my 2cts.
Have fun with her and ride safe.

Bubba

Back