hey gen 2 guys, need a quick favor, just a measurement

8overin808

Registered
Hey guys,

Would one of you gen 2 owners be so kind as to head out to your busa and just take a measurement for me. I was gonna head to the dealership to get it, but they are closed tomorrow and monday. What I need to know is:

The overall width of the front wheel, from the outer edge of one rotor to the outer edge of the other rotor. If you are so inclined I will also take the measurement from the INSIDE of the rotor to the INSIDE of the other rotor (basically the hub width.)

I just figure it's easier to measure outside to outside and my rotors are the same thickness as an 08's so the only variable that I'm compensating for is the width of the hub.

Long story short I stuck a set of 2008 forks, calipers, axle and triple tree on my 00 and I spaced the rotors out on my PM rims to compensate for the wider hub of the 2008. I just want to be ABSOLUTELY sure I've got it right and I figure an overall measurement like the one above will allow me to double check and be sure I've done the right thing. I haven't picked up a 2008 style master yet, but it is next on the list. I've got no drag strip to run it down at the moment, so the extra braking power can wait a few weeks until I've got more cash available to pick up a nice new master.

Thanks in advance for anyone who has the time to do this for me.

Back