Hey everyone.

Jason1300

Registered
I wanted to say hello and I had a few questions. I recently had a Triumph TT600 but it got totaled when a SUV tboned me (pretty painfull.. her fault of course.. can you guess? she didnt even see me). Ive been trying to get financed for a busa but they still havnt payed me off for my triumph yet.
So my first question is anyone know where I can get financed for a motorcycle with not the best credit?
Also where I can get some reasonable ins. I was paying about 800 a year for ins but all the quotes ive gotten have been over 3k.
Ive been riding for about 4 yrs just moved to Tampa FL so if anyone rides around there I would love to go riding as soon as I get another bike.

Jason

Sorry for the question about ins. Just read two posts down about it.
smile.gif

Dont know about the poor credit thing, but I have had 2 loans with Peoplefirst.com All they do is car & motorcycle loans. They mail you the check you sign it and had it to the dealer super easy online app and the rates are great too.

First Welcome to the board Jason. Sorry to hear about your accident and I hope all works out for you. How badly were you hurt? Anything broken? Financing with bad credit is going to be tough. Any dealership should be able to get you a loan but the intrest is probably going to hurt. Have you talked to your bank? Insurance is going to be rough as well. Being that the accident wasn't your fault will help. I use State Farm here in GA and they are the only ones that don't care what you ride just how much it will cost to fix it if need be. The only catch is that you have to insure a car with them before they will touch a bike. Good luck
Jim

I will have to check peoplefirst out. My credit isnt in the best shape right now unfortunatly so hopefully they will finance me.
Yeah so far its been decent the ins company has been draging its feet on everything hardcore though. I got some roadrash and some bad sprains still cant use my hand too well but nothing broken amazingly. Tore through my kevlar gloves and left a 3inch hole in the bottom of my boots and the sides were shredded away. My custom graphics shoie helmet got mangled too unfortunatly.
Yeah I have southtrust but they wouldnt finance me for that much even though i just payed off a 5k loan without being late once heh.
State farm wanted like 6k a year for Ins. I have a clean driving record too (been riding every day for 4 yrs.. - the past month) have taken my MSF course and belong to the AMA. But I am 21 and most places have flat out refused to insure me. No claims ever on my ins either. (except for getting wailed by the jeep grand cherokee)

HERE IN DFW AREA WE HAVE SEVERAL NOTE LOTS
THESE ARE LIKE CAR NOTE LOTS WHERE YOU PUT DOWN X AMOUNT OF DOWN PAYMENT AND PAY SO MUCH PER WEEK,THEY USUALLY HAVE SOME WAY TO JUST CARRY LIABILITY AND THEFT ON BIKES
IM SURE THEY HAVE SIMILAR SET UP IN YOUR AREA

do you work for a big company. sometimes they have group rate ins plans. you may be requested to insure your car as well. If things become bleek, you may have to just get liability or place the bike under a afmily member's plan

One of the easiest ways to get a bike is to cash advance a credit card. If you can get your credit card limit up high enough, you can write a check from your credit card. You sometimes get "life of loan" APR's really low, like around 4 or 5 percent.

Put it on a credit card, then balance transfer to keep the low APR.

Honestly, I would pay off my existing bike first. Then charge it on a "balance transfer" rate and keep the rate low

Mike

One of the easiest ways to get a bike is to cash advance a credit card. If you can get your credit card limit up high enough, you can write a check from your credit card. You sometimes get "life of loan" APR's really low, like around 4 or 5 percent.

Put it on a credit card, then balance transfer to keep the low APR.

Honestly, I would pay off my existing bike first. Then charge it on a "balance transfer" rate and keep the rate low

Mike
Just be very about Cash Advances sometimes they are at a very high interest rate.

Back