Hey everybody... buying a busa as second bike

:welcome:

I started on the same street bike. My XJ550 was even the same color. :thumbsup: I put about 65k on mine before I put it in storage for a while. I rebuilt it a few years ago and gave it to my brother. He's using it to teach his wife to ride.

I can say from experience that the Busa will not get you into trouble. I chose it as my 2nd bike too after only 2 years riding experience on a GS500F.

This bike is smooth...very smooth. The power delivery is easy to control, nothing like a GSXR1000 or similar litre class. It's meaty and predictable (although predictably scary above 7k).

Of course you could get into trouble on the Busa, but it won't be the bike. It'll be lack of throttle control.

As for the A B C mode on the S-DMS: after a few weeks I found it pretty useless. The point of the torquey engine when at low revs is to be an effortless performer. B and C mode tone the engine down significantly when above 6k or so. But around town you're never above that rpm, and your first 1-4k rpm suddenly become way less usable. In C mode I gotta rev that engine more to do the same thing.

So A mode and using the first 5k rpm or so is the go mostly. When you start to open it up then the B mode really helps me on unfamiliar twisties in the rain.

Enjoy the new busa. Don't forget pics :rulez:.

Back