Hey Busa owners

EastCoast

Donating Member
Registered
In checking insurance prices my Erie Insurance agent quoted me a price just below $600 a year for full coverage.

State Farm would be cheaper but they wouldn't insure the bike without having auto from them, and my car would have doubled. No thanks. Progressive was $1400, Geico $2200. So it looks like Erie is the winner and I'll be getting that Busa in the near future.

smile.gif
smile.gif

smile.gif

progressive quoted me 1200 after the down payment and first payment i recieved my policy and the rate doubled and then some !!!!!!!!
mad.gif
yes when i switched to state farm i am payin 200 more for the cars and the same for homeowners but savin a boat load on the bike !
biggrin.gif
the thing i like most about them is my policy didnt cost me a dime more than the quote !
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

THE ONLY THING ABOUT STATE FARM AND ERIE IS IF YOU WRECK AND ARE INJURED YOUR MEDICAL INSURANCE THRU WORK IS ALL YOU HAVE TO COVER YOU OR YOUR PASSENGER. STATE FARM WILL ONLY FIX YOUR BIKE ETC no INJURIES!

JD:;):

I'm paying 135/month for the car, bike and house through state farm. You reallllly get discounts through them if you get everything covered there. It's only going up about 6 dollars a month going from a gix 750 to a busa.

THE ONLY THING ABOUT STATE FARM AND ERIE IS IF YOU WRECK AND ARE INJURED YOUR MEDICAL INSURANCE THRU WORK IS ALL YOU HAVE TO COVER YOU OR YOUR PASSENGER.   STATE FARM WILL ONLY FIX YOUR BIKE ETC no INJURIES!

farm bureau is the same way with the exception they will cover the passenger but not the operator
rock.gif

I live in Florida near Orlando, and pay $567.00 for the year, with a $500 deductible and uninsured motorist coverage. If I elected not to have uninsured motorist coverage, my rate would be $267.00. The company name is Peterson Insurance and they are licensed in Florida, Georgia, Tennessee, Ohio and New York. Give them a call for a quote. Their phone number is 888-533-8304. Email Yourinsured@aol.com www.Petersonins.com I hope this helps anyone looking for reasonable coverage. I know there is beter out there and I'll continue to look for cheaper and better insurance. Need to save as much money so I can buy more mods for my bike.

In checking insurance prices my Erie Insurance agent quoted me a price just below $600 a year for full coverage.

State Farm would be cheaper but they wouldn't insure the bike without having auto from them, and my car would have doubled. No thanks. Progressive was $1400, Geico $2200. So it looks like Erie is the winner and I'll be getting that Busa in the near future.
Congrats..... hope to see u ridin' soon

THE ONLY THING ABOUT STATE FARM AND ERIE IS IF YOU WRECK AND ARE INJURED YOUR MEDICAL INSURANCE THRU WORK IS ALL YOU HAVE TO COVER YOU OR YOUR PASSENGER.   STATE FARM WILL ONLY FIX YOUR BIKE ETC no INJURIES!

Which insurance company will do anymore than that?

The way I understand my policy is that if I am hurt, and it's my fault my personal insurance bears the brunt... If it's my fault and somebody else is hurt then the $300k worth of medical pays for their injuries, and hopefully if they sue/win...

I have uninsured levels of the same amount.. but that only comes into play if I'm not at fault and whoever is has no insurance...

I know I've looked at medical coverages being added to some of my policies from time to time that would cover me in a "at fault" accident.

it doesn't cost anything really.. but it's not enough coverage to waste time with.

Biggest policy I found to be included with the normal insurance was a total of $5,000... only cost about $80 bucks or something... but uh.. $5,000... if you have any kind of serious accident it's gonna go past that before I get put into a private room ya know.

believe me folks.. if you've never had a serious medical problem with yourself, or you family... $5,000 won't cover your first 36 hours in an emergency situation...

How much medical coverage are you guys talking about here??

I'm not getting where your coming from here..

I'm with AIG.. but I don't think we are talking about the same things.

To my knowledge no auto insurance is going to do much for my medical bills if I'm at fault... or am I totally on the wrong page here?

Back