Hey All!

B_radd78

Registered
Had my 2002 for a few months now. Picked her up with 700 original miles! Intended to flip her for some quick $. Not gonna happen. She stays and the other bike goes! Loving every moment except when I had a low speed highside in the rain last weekend. Stupid wet road, wet leaves, crosswalk paint and an eager acceleration from the dummy. (Me!)

Just a bit of cosmetic surgery and she will be fine. Could have been so much worse. A momentary loss of concentration is all it takes. Gear up folks and ride safe!

IMG_20171001_111502_750.jpg

Had my 2002 for a few months now. Picked her up with 700 original miles! Intended to flip her for some quick $. Not gonna happen. She stays and the other bike goes! Loving every moment except when I had a low speed highside in the rain last weekend. Stupid wet road, wet leaves, crosswalk paint and an eager acceleration from the dummy. (Me!)

Just a bit of cosmetic surgery and she will be fine. Could have been so much worse. A momentary loss of concentration is all it takes. Gear up folks and ride safe!

View attachment 1577454
Wow. Gotta like that. 700 miles holly !! Love the colour combo. I just sold my black 2002 and replaced it with a gold 2009 with 2000 km on it. I'm hooked on these bikes. Hope the damage isn't too bad on yours. The previous owner of mind had a tip over and scraped the fairing and nose cost for new parts is in the $1,100 range and paint, decals and getting a buddy to do the work is around $600 to $700 when you count the rum and beer. Lol.

very nice 02...i had one oh lets see was 8 years ago now. I loved it. Was viper blue in color. Has some mods etc done including yosh ab mod bmc filter leds and some other goodies i cant remember now.

Thanks everyone! So much great info here. Glad to be a member. Picking up the needed parts and soon to be back on the road!

Thanks everyone! So much great info here. Glad to be a member. Picking up the needed parts and soon to be back on the road!

Been a while. That motor with 700mi, she lasted until 5000mi. Cracked valve seals and anything that needed heat cycling or moderate lubrication was not happy. Over 15 years the bike was at breakin mileage, not good. Low miles is not all its cracked up to be sometimes!

What to do??? Life and adulting forced a delay. But shes back with a nice overhaul. Some details: Big bore 1397cc and all that makes that happen, Bazzaz Zfi-TC, Hindle full system, brake swap, clutch springs, plus other smaller things of course.

Im owner 3. Owner 2 dynoed the bike at the same shop a bunch of years before. I am lucky to have baseline hp/tq numbers :cool: Its not some crazy drag bike, but man she is a street and canyon beast now.

To the wheel #'s:
Stock: 146hp/80ish (cant remember)
Modified: 188hp/118ft lbs

This winter she will be ready for another dyno tune for 5ish more hp and whatever torque comes with that. Sounds good to me!

Shes a whole new bike and a clutch is next :laugh:

Going to enjoy this bike for many years to come!

20190825_002927.jpg

Back