Hesitation issues! Bad gas???

NCBusa2001

Registered
Thought about riding the bike a bit today. (08 1k with 3100 miles). She started fine and the idle was normal. I let her warm up a bit and took her down the road. Noticed her stuttering and surging at constant throttle. When I cracked the her open, back to normal scalded dog state.

The problem persisted going at a steady speed. So,...I ran some more gas out and put fresh 93 in. Ran her some more....Same problem.

So,...Added more fresh 93 this time added stabil (hoping it might get any water out). Same thing.

I hope I'm not chasing my tail. :cussing: Any suggestions.

Cheers,
Chris

Souldn't you use the yellow the isopropal alcohol. Won't the other one confuse the O2 sensor?

Walmart sells ISO-Heet, and thats the one you want. If it is water it will fix you up. Stabil will do nothing for water........

Use the entire bottle of ISO-Heet at once. It will not hurt your engine at all. Run the whole tank of gas through it and if it continues, then you have more than a water problem! Good Luck!

Blanca says LISTEN TO THEM :banghead: :banghead:

Sounds like you have same problem I had .

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gen-ii-busa-information/126200-blanca-needs-help.html

Unless you want to spend four days posting eight pages of your time and theirs and create one or two more problems along the way

LISTEN TO THEM
:thumbsup:
:bowdown:

I wound up actually syphoning tank and drying it as you see in thread to make sure. Did not know about the stuff mentioned above but either way sounds like you need to do not stop on page one go straight to last page of my thread and collect 200 dollars .

Water and they are most likely right.

ps.......Mr Brown you hush up.....:poke:

Thanks, I'm going to hope it is just bad gas at this point. She doesn't die at idle just hesitates when running a constant speed.

I spent all day at the range today, so I'm going to try the walmart heet treatment and roll the dice tomorrow. Draining the gas out of the tank is a pain, that will be plan B.

I'll post up the results tomorrow.

Chris

Thanks for the suggestions.

I siphoned out as much as I could reach (though not enough to set the gas light off). Then I added a full bottle of iso heet. Rode her for about 20 or so miles (to the gas light) then filled up with Shell 93.

So far the problem is almost completely gone. I think I can still detect a little issue but that may be my imagination. Hopefully running a few more tankfulls through will make her more happy, I hope.

Chris

Chris Pep Boys sells this thing called a 'Shaker Syphon'
If I had not seen it work I would not have believed it.
Has a little captive ball on it. Put in it and jiggle it. Strange physics make it work ?
With this I was able to suck out 5 gallons in like 45 seconds.
Then if you look at thread I put link to you can see I used a shotgun cleaning rod with a rag thru tip to soak up the rest.
The tank is deep and goes way back.
Good thing about the syphon is that the end is metal so you can hear when you get it all the back in there. just jiggle it a bit and you will here it rattle where it is.

Total time to dry tank was about 30 mins.

BUSA PROBS 009.JPG

BUSA PROBS 005.JPG

BUSA PROBS 003.JPG

Thanks Blanca, I have never seen one of those before. I used the old suck and pray method. Although I have learned to use CLEAR hose v/s the old garden hose method of my youth. :)

I just hope the iso heet bound to the rest of the remaining water. The bottle said it treated 20 gal, I figure there was less than one gal in the tank.

I was hoping to ride tomorrow, but it's currently snowing. Oh well.

Thanks again and see ya at the bash,
Chris

Back