Here's a good laugh

dewie

Registered
I wish I could have got my camera out quicker cause you won't believe it. I am a firm believer in wearing gear, it saved my life. So when I see these HD dumbasses rocking skull caps with bandanas coving their face if its cold or for bugs when we all know a full face bucket is the way to go. But they are more concerned with making sure their bandanas match their plad shirt or patch or whatever I wish they knew what road rash felt like.

Anyways, a typical HD rolls up making as much noise a possible and he is wearing a wife beater and shorts and skull cap. But he was wearing soccer shin pads!!!! Lol. The rocks must hit his legs and he's isn't smart enough to wear pants. What a dumb mother ****er.

I ask him where soccer practice was but he never answered me. What a jackass.

I was riding today and got caught behind a construction dump truck and I was hanging back just so I didn't catch a rock or something kicked back from them big azz tires and it still managed to kick up a rock that caught me right in the visor. It hit so hard I thought it cracked or chipped it initially. How dudes ride without a full face is beyond me :hide: Sunglasses and a bandanna don't deflect boulders last time I checked :laugh:

Shin pads. :rofl: Thats new. I value my skin way to much to mess with crazy antics like shorts and shi7 like that.

They always figure it wont happen to them. And 99.9% of the time they dont crash.I still dont like the odds thou.

I like to gamble a bit while riding...but not with my skin.

Shin pads...priceless.:laugh:

Rubb.

Yup it was hot and muggy today when I rode into town to run errands. I had all my gear on and had to wear my leather jacket because my textile is broken. I saw so many cruisers out and only 2 had helmets on. Every other one had short sleeves and shorts on. WTF

Yup it was hot and muggy today when I rode into town to run errands. I had all my gear on and had to wear my leather jacket because my textile is broken. I saw so many cruisers out and only 2 had helmets on. Every other one had short sleeves and shorts on. WTF

No helmet law in Michigan? Wow.

How many other states are like that?

RSD.

pa has no helmet law RSD... but thats because there is no medical coverage on your insurance for your bike...so the lobbyists dont care

pa has no helmet law RSD... but thats because there is no medical coverage on your insurance for your bike...so the lobbyists dont care

That seems insane. No med coverage? So if you crash or someone hits you,you dont get your medical bills paid? is that right?

RSD.

They all take the full responibility of what happens to them if they do crash like that.
I value my own health and safety above anything else on the road.

No helmet law in Arizona or Texas either. I had the option of adding medical payments to my motorcycle insurance but the max allowed was only $2500 and it almost doubled my premiums so I declined it; that's what I have health insurance for.

I added $10,000 medical to my insurance...only added a few bucks a month so I thought it was a good deal. I've been in my share of accidents, mostly self inflicted and have been very lucky. I've toned it down quite a bit...but there's always the other idiot to consider.

That's insane not riding with out insurance. I understand the passion to ride but with the amount of cagers with their head up their cornhole I think I would stick to days at the track.

Us Canadians are lucky with or health insurance even tho it's far from perfect. I had to spend 5 months in hospital with god knows how many CAT scans, MRIs XRAYs and rehab. Never spent a dime in there besides ordering better food lol. Sure RSD can echo that haha.

Be safe, make sure to wear soccer shin guards, baseball cup, and ofcourse a bandana either worn or tied on something. That will save you for sure.

I value my family and life to much not to gear up.

I've got a coworker with a HD and every blue moon he rides it. One day as he was leaving I asked where's your cow suit? (leather) He said "don't need it!" He had the usual attire, jeans, hoodie & chili bowl helmet. He's been riding a lot longer than I have so I guess he's just willing to take the risk. I've had several rock strikes to the visor and I don't understand how chili bowl helmet guy doesn't lose an eye.

Hey, we just saw a guy blowing up the road on his Gixxer, Flip Flops, Shorts, T-Shirt...and his girl on the back was dressed the same! I wonder who she would blame if those pretty legs got a new texture via the asphalt? You can't fix stupid. I don't do test rides without gear, so the other knuckle-head couple rolling through the canyons later on were even dumber!!!!! Lastly, my buddy just pulled a Dragon Fly out of his mouth vent the other week, so I don't see how anybody rides without full helmet! Maybe that's why they all look so mean...

I work for HD as a tech. Here's the deal on hd riders and safety gear. It's not an issue that's addressed when people are brought up around Harley's. HD riders use gear for when it gets cold, but for most as the weather warms up the gear comes off. They accept that they can get really hurt and/or rashed up but still dont wear it all in the name of "Freedom".
Yes, it's dumb, but its how it is.

Missouri has a helmet law but many helmets that are DOT approved would do little in a crash. Neighboring states of Kansas and Arkansas have no such law and I cringe every time I see a rider without a helmet on and wonder what they must be thinking. I have been riding across the border and have actually seen HD riders remove their helmets (without stopping) as they cross the state line. I think it is a matter of "rebellion" for many. You can't rebel against the laws of physics and averages, however. A Harley riding friend continually harasses me for my ATGATT approach, and says that if he had to wear the gear he would just quit riding.

Missouri has a helmet law but many helmets that are DOT approved would do little in a crash. Neighboring states of Kansas and Arkansas have no such law and I cringe every time I see a rider without a helmet on and wonder what they must be thinking. I have been riding across the border and have actually seen HD riders remove their helmets (without stopping) as they cross the state line. I think it is a matter of "rebellion" for many. You can't rebel against the laws of physics and averages, however. A Harley riding friend continually harasses me for my ATGATT approach, and says that if he had to wear the gear he would just quit riding.

"Rebels without a clue"...:laugh:

Climb of your harley without any gear,and then jump into your toyota with 17 aribags and buckle yer seatbelt.Its still cool thou...it has a harley bumper sticker.:rofl:

are you rebelling against? - YouTube[/url]

Rubb.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lamb loves freedom!

The freedom to atgatt.

ride with plenty of Harleys and these stories are always the same.

Back