Here ye hear ye... POST UP your driving plans!

zukracer

I'm somewhere but dont know where
Donating Member
Registered
Ok, so I think I have finally nailed down my plan for getting me and the busa to the bash. Its going to be a semi hectic trip out but should be fun if we can get enough others linked up along the way.

My current plans are to leave from central VA on/about
7/21 and drive to KC.
On 7/22 drive to Denver through OKC
On 7/23 drive to Reno
7/24 find a massage place to get my back reset from the haul out :laugh:

I'll have the new trailer in tow and the avalanche out front so if someone is riding and needs someone to carry a bag or something out there along the route just let me know. Likewise if anyone else is along the route and wants to caravan out there, there is always safety in numbers, not to mention its way more fun to do these trips with others :thumbsup:

Post up your plans :beerchug:

bueller .... bueller ....

Any of the 15 other folks that have read the thread going and care to share their plans? ???

OK...This is how I'm doing it...

On Tuesday, preceding the Stampede, I'm going to hit the slab, solo, and head to Reno. I'll be departing San Diego and heading directly north, catching the 395 and taking that strand of asphalt all the way into that gorgous high-desert gem...Reno, NV

:cheerleader:

Gonna be a great deal of Throttlemeister time... :whistle: But worth every inch of pavement...

I'll have the new trailer in tow and the avalanche out front so if someone is riding and needs someone to carry a bag or something out there along the route just let me know. Likewise if anyone else is along the route and wants to caravan out there, there is always safety in numbers, not to mention its way more fun to do these trips with others :thumbsup:

Great offer, Brian...I'm sure there'll be people taking you up on this offer...

Congrats on the new trailer, too!!! :beerchug: Yee-hah!!!

Preliminary plans, OKC to Colorado Springs day one. Not sure what day we are leaving.
Day two, Co Springs to SLC area.
Day three SLC to Reno.

seems like SLC is a popular jump off point, maybe we should coordinate a group from there on friday morning ???

Brian, you intentionally heading south from KC only to turn back north again?

well my best friend is stationed at ft sill... so I might be changing my schedule to stay there the first night... or second night and bunk up somewhere in TN/KY the first night. All depends on how things shake out. I also thought it would be cool to hook up with a group for the drive west :thumbsup:

when are you leaving for the event?

Gotacha :agree: I figured that there was a reason to go that far south instead of just staying on I-70. Now that said, if you're going to hit KY/TN, depending on how far south you go, I-40 may be your better route. Or, I-64 to St. Louis and then catch I-44 into OKC... Just some options...

yeah, not sure what the route is going to be yet... still some planning, want to see who all is coming from where, etc to figure it out. I am almost certainly leaving from central VA date is the monday or tuesday before the stampede :cool:

I live in SLC so....I guess it makes sense that I leave from hear Friday morning and drive straight to Reno! Let's see, how long will it take to get there. It's approximately 500 miles away so if I do the math right...carry the 1...divide by pie...I come up with 4 hours. Whew! I was worried it was going to be a long trip!

Phoenix to Vegas the 23rd...wake up Friday, and head out early with my friend to Reno. See you there! My buddy representing Honda with his 1000RR.:laugh:

Dan

well my best friend is stationed at ft sill... so I might be changing my schedule to stay there the first night... or second night and bunk up somewhere in TN/KY the first night. All depends on how things shake out. I also thought it would be cool to hook up with a group for the drive west :thumbsup:

when are you leaving for the event?

Brian I will meet you in KC or somewhere about TN/KY. We are going to leave Chattanooga Tues. morning.

You'd have to ask Lurch (Kevin) or BigDiesel (Scott) for the actual route but it looks like We'll be taking I-80 all the way west from Chicago to Reno. Anyone along this route?

Yea! I was thinking of taking the I-80 route. Seems to be about the shortest for us and goes through some nice country.

when and where exactly is the bash? guess i havn't been payin enough attention, but im interested in goin

Trying to determine a meeting place for Friday morning here in Utah. I'm up north at Hill AFB. If I know where people are staying I can scout out a few places.

Back