Here is my tip on how to use the Hayabusa Key

mikeyusf

Registered
I dont know about you, but one thing that KILLS resale value is having a triple tree scratched apart from hanging keys from the ignition. This can completely ruin the presentation of the bike. So here is my suggestion on how to fix the problem-

Buy a hayabusa rubber key tab
Get a zip tie
attach the zip tie to the key like this

DSC00611.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is a picture of my triple tree after riding over 12,000 miles on my busa. This thing doesnt have a scratch on it and looks brand new

Hope this helps

mike

DSC00616.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I just run the key alone......don't like scrathces either.
Prev owner had a couple things on his key and left a small scratch .......oh well.......billet triple clamp here I come.

I scratched mine, then bought the carbon fiber cover for around $12. There's a couple of styles out there and it looks MAHVELOUS.

Mikeyusf......stupid question of the day....

where does one get rubber Hayabusa key thingy.....

Like Monster......I just use the Key by itsself....and as much as I love my baby.....ain't gonna' lose that sucker....besides, that way it fits in my watchpocket. My .02......I don't care for the carbon fiber over-lays......covers up the Hayabusa logo........Rocket On!

babuski I got mine at the motorcycle dealership for about $5, it has a metal chain to it that I cut with a wire cutter. The hayabusa one is sometimes hard to find, but they have other ones to use. Check your local motorcycle dealer near the parts counter, thats where they have all the "doo-dads", lol

Mike

Like Monster......I just use the Key by itsself....and as much as I love my baby.....ain't gonna' lose that sucker....besides, that way it fits in my watchpocket. My .02......I don't care for the carbon fiber over-lays......covers up the Hayabusa logo........Rocket On!
That's the beauty, it DOESN'T cover the logo, there's a cutout for it.

Back