Here is a state that has it's head screwed on right.

I also like this...

But I do find it odd that NC is the first to do this when they have "fairly" tight handgun carry laws....

I'm not worried about the taking guns out of circulation, plenty of guns around, but it would only make sense to put them on auction and make money for the states versus just paying someone to destroy them and losing more money on the deal.

I would like PDs to do a little research on the firearms purchased in a buy back before destroying them. In my state, if a thief steals my firearm and it is later turned in or purchased through a buy back program, no effort will be made to return it to me. This would happen even if I reported the firearm stolen and provided make, model and serial numbers.

FWIW, it is not likely that one of my firearms would be taken, they are secured at all times except when in use. Of course anything is possible.

--Sky

I would like PDs to do a little research on the firearms purchased in a buy back before destroying them. In my state, if a thief steals my firearm and it is later turned in or purchased through a buy back program, no effort will be made to return it to me. This would happen even if I reported the firearm stolen and provided make, model and serial numbers.

FWIW, it is not likely that one of my firearms would be taken, they are secured at all times except when in use. Of course anything is possible.

--Sky

Thats a good point, I dont know if they run the numbers on the guns before destroying them or not. Ill tell you I would $hit a brick if somehow my Noveske 6.8 spc sbr was stolen and it was destroyed by law enforcement, Hell any of my firearms for that matter. Love your avatar by the way, funny.

Back