Her latest pic

sleepless_red

The artist formerly known as "sleeper_red"
Donating Member
Registered
As most of you knew that my goal at the end of this year was to reach the 50,000 mile mark, I passed that point by more than 11,000 miles and really happy with it. I think I'm not riding again until next year as we are getting hammered by the snow right now. Here she is.
11,117 more than my goal.:thumbsup:
4197607507_43af42d60d.jpg

Here's the sad part. I don't know how long she's going to be on break. :-(
4198363170_366042c60a.jpg

It's all because of this.
4198189174_9c1d4bfd87.jpg

Even living in Fla with a 12 month season I could not put that amount of miles on . Hats off to you ! You do most of these miles for business or pleasure ? You use it as a courier or something ? Must be single and have a gorgeous galpal that lives 500 miles away and won't let you sleep over ? :laugh:

Even living in Fla with a 12 month season I could not put that amount of miles on . Hats off to you ! You do most of these miles for business or pleasure ? You use it as a courier or something ? Must be single and have a gorgeous galpal that lives 500 miles away and won't let you sleep over ? :laugh:
Thanks!!! I posted this one probably a month or so ago. Here ya go.:thumbsup:

While I'm here, let me share with you guys how my schedule goes in case you wonder how I racked up all those miles.
I always start working at 7:30 am and ends whenever. Sometimes until almost 8:00pm.
Mondays-kids have Karate class from 7:30-9:00pm so we get home around 9:20pm.
Tuesdays-My daughter has piano lesson from 7:00-7:45pm
Wednesdays-Karate class again same time as Mondays.
Thursdays-kids have C2 education class from 5:00 until 7:00pm
Fridays- finally gets a break from kids' after school activities.
My wife and I go to the gym whenever we can after work. I almost forgot, I work Saturdays, too.
Sundays is family day. I ride too but I have to be back before 9:00am to go to church and spend the rest of the day with the family.
These are the reasons why I go riding before coming to work. I don't ride to work because I live 3.2 miles away from it. These are also the reasons why I've never gone on any trips. I can't leave my family behind with all these activities. When I do get a day off, I can only ride from 9:00am until about 2:30pm because I have to pick up my daughter from school at 3:05pm.
This is why sometimes, I wonder how I did it, too.

Last edited:
I see , my schedule is almost the same as far as ALL TIME with the family and not much with Blanca. So what year is your bike and how long has it taken you to gt those 61k ?
I am same I get time sometimes to ride but always feel guilty or am made to feel guilty for riding off and leaving everybody at home. I did put 27k on the 97 zx11 I had in six yrs time and I thought that was alot ! Stay safe :beerchug:

You cant ride in that dusting of snow? Rookie...:laugh:

Congrats on the miles, and where is my snow? Send some north, the roads are already covered it salt, so the Busa and Camaro are locked away, i wanna play in the snow with the truck:whistle:

I thought moving away from Md would have helped my riding season....Humm did i get that wrong!! Been wet and way to cold to ride since end of sept.

I say you put her on a stand and ran her in gear! JK...Between you and SCAR you guys could circle the world several times! :beerchug:

I see , my schedule is almost the same as far as ALL TIME with the family and not much with Blanca. So what year is your bike and how long has it taken you to gt those 61k ?
I am same I get time sometimes to ride but always feel guilty or am made to feel guilty for riding off and leaving everybody at home. I did put 27k on the 97 zx11 I had in six yrs time and I thought that was alot ! Stay safe :beerchug:

She's a '07 that I bought on September 27, 2007. Took me 2 years and almost 3 months to get there.

...While I'm here, let me share with you guys how my schedule goes in case you wonder how I racked up all those miles.
I always start working at 7:30 am and ends whenever...These are the reasons why I go riding before coming to work.

I'm very impressed. Nicely done.

I have lots of questions about your riding. I think in your other post you also mentioned that you get on the bike around 4:00 am. I assume that you mostly ride in the dark. Is it just as fun in the dark (riding the bike)? Do you mostly ride around town or do you actually go somewhere? If you get out in the country, how do you ride curves in the dark? What about animals? Any close calls? I know that dawn and dusk are the worst times for deer on the road. Please expound more about where and how you ride before the sun comes up. Thanks.

I say you put her on a stand and ran her in gear! JK...Between you and SCAR you guys could circle the world several times! :beerchug:

Thanks, Dr E.:beerchug: I don't know what to say. I'm just so addicted to riding. Over 108,000 miles total (used '01 R1 and the Busa)since I started riding in October of 2005. Like what I've mention on here before, I've been a fan of sport bikes since I was like 13 years old and didn't take the MSF until I was 38 yrs. old. Maybe that's why.
By the way, my last ride was 2 days ago. Again, the temperature was in the upper 20's when I left the house and rode for 4 hours. Funny, a lot of people were staring at me every time I pass them. They probably think I'm crazy.:laugh:

I'm very impressed. Nicely done.

I have lots of questions about your riding. I think in your other post you also mentioned that you get on the bike around 4:00 am. I assume that you mostly ride in the dark. Is it just as fun in the dark (riding the bike)? Do you mostly ride around town or do you actually go somewhere? If you get out in the country, how do you ride curves in the dark? What about animals? Any close calls? I know that dawn and dusk are the worst times for deer on the road. Please expound more about where and how you ride before the sun comes up. Thanks.

I'd say my riding is in the dark 90% of the time even my very first time. THe guy I bought the R1 from delivered it to my house after work and the very next day, I rode it on I270 at 5:00am. Believe me, I prefer riding during the day but looking at my schedule, it's just impossible. I ride around the beltway because it's not as dark as the country roads. I've had close calls with deer before. The worst one that I've ever had was when I had my R1. There was a dead one on the road that I didn't notice right away and almost ran over it. I'm talking about the lower half of it. It was that big. I don't know what hit it but it was cut in half. I've swerved around shovels, huge pieces of blown tires, bricks, you name it.

Here's an example of my early Sunday morning ride. This was back in September.
The time I left the house
3897870116_469543bdfa.jpg

Another one when it was getting brighter outside
3897105015_89ffae66fd.jpg

The time I got home and the total number of miles
3897889232_2f759e68ba.jpg

Last edited:
way to go Jesse..I have 28k on my 2007...if i rode alone id be up there with you but most days i spend riding 20-30 miles collecting 6 people to sit and talk at every other gas station....

I'm sorry fellas, but my computer's acting up. There was an error when I tried to post the one with pics and it won't let me edit it. I meant to say "you name it. I don't know how that link got there after the word it.Sorry about that. Never mind... I logged off and on and it let me fix it.

Last edited:
way to go Jesse..I have 28k on my 2007...if i rode alone id be up there with you but most days i spend riding 20-30 miles collecting 6 people to sit and talk at every other gas station....

Thanks, djsin. I know you would. Be safe, bro.:beerchug:

Back