HELP

vincebusa

Donating Member
Registered
Hey guys
Check this out i installed akro full system exhaust, bmc race
filter and custom map.but HP came out just 158.4 is this
right?? alhough i dont know what my stock HP is.
seems not much HP for almost two gran investment.
According to MR. CHEESE bone stock busa is around 150-161
HP. what the shiot happend...
 :sad:

vince, what year is your Busa? Also, take a look at your map and make sure that it's custom for YOUR busa. I'm still a noob at bike mechanics, but if they're similar to cars, you can't expect a whopping increase from a filter and exhaust. The map is a good step, but you need to make sure that it's tuned to your bike. Did you tune your map on a dyno? If not, you may want to. Just a little feedback from me. Hope it helps.

Sounds like the Map. It is not custom if you picked it up, howver it is a Map made for the system. You just may have the wrong map. You should do better on the Hp and filter. The filter helps to get the air in why you are ramming it out. Check that you do not have any leaks in the pipes also. You should get around 165-171hp if set up correct.

PB,
Its 03 model.i brought the bike to a DJNO JET TUNING CENTER
and paid $200. for the custom map.

NE,
If i have exhaust leak wouldnt that be obvousi mean i would
be able to hear it right?? but i dont hear or feel any leak tho.
the bike runs good.but before the custom map it has hic ups. :sad:

I understand the dyno numbers weren't as high as expected, but one thing to keep in mind is that while on the dyno, you DO NOT have the added benefit of ram air.

I'm not sure how much this changes the numbers. Just guessing. :super:

Does the bike feel like it has more power? (i.e.-seat of the pants)

what was A/f on the 100% pull.
also did you do a base line before the pipe and map?
If you made let's say 147 stock 158 would be close to correct

I understand the dyno numbers weren't as high as expected, but one thing to keep in mind is that while on the dyno, you DO NOT have the added benefit of ram air.

I'm not sure how much this changes the numbers.  Just guessing. :super:

Does the bike feel like it has more power? (i.e.-seat of the pants)
You can blow air via a big fan whie on the dyno. aLSO HELPS TO KEEP THE BIKE COOL. Take a look at your Dyno sheets nad then p[ost them. Maybe some of the members can take a look. Also make sure that the Power comander is working and excepted the map. I would go back to the guys who did it and aske some questions, so you know what they did or did not complete.

My 03 has the Akra Evo Ti, BMC Race, and a custom map and it makes 166.4 HP and 100 lb-ft.

Maybe Cheese is correct, if your bike made a lower base... Also, Mine was 158 from one place, then I went to another tuner and he said they effed it all up. After fixing it, he came up with my 166 number. It feels like a pretty big difference. Of course it is a good bit lighter too, but she wheelies at the drop of a hat now!

Sorry bro.

lots of factors in you numbers that you are not stating.... a/f, fuel type, elevation, etc..... you could be fine.

heres the graph iuse 89 octain

<!--EDIT|vincebusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1069169278 -->

PB170160.JPG

that's not too bad needs more fuel though.
also Air pressure in tire and postion on dyno and how TIGHT they strap it all makes a difference.
also that CA. fuel suxs
also I want to know how they made a custom map in one pull?:super:
you need a min. of 2 just to see where you are

I am not that firmiliar with the dyno's even though my bikes have spent alot of time tuning them all in on one. But it is my understanding that there is corrected HP and actual HP. If you take the bike to 3 different shops you can get 3 different readings because of the numbers they plug in. Such as temp humidity etc. The way my friends described it to me was that a dyno is a tuning tool and not really a final say it what your bike is making for HP. If you gain 10 hp and some torque from your base pull I would be happy with that unless the numbers where very low and the bike was very slow to begin with. Then maybe I would look at cam timing being off by a tooth or something like that.

Back