HELP!!!!!!!!

jch364

Registered
I was cleaning the bike again the other day and noticed that there is what appears to be sediment at the bottom of the over flow bottle on the left side of the bike.!!!!!! Has anyone ever had this problem? the dealer i use and trust by the way was not real concerned. He just suggested that I flush the system if it was bothering me. Said I could use any antifreeze but suggested using the A.M.A. approved stuff. Said it didnt matter to much though. THe bike does not run hot by any means. It just looks hot.....lol...Anyway. How bout it? This seems odd to me. Ive put a little over 10,500 miles on it this year and I think the book indicates just changing out the radiator fluid every 2 years without any indication on mileage issues. ......Any thoughts would as always be appreciated... thanks
AAAssjani.gif

Yeah, just flush the system. It is normal to have some sediment in the tank. It will surprise you to see how much trash comes out when you flush the whole system. Dont be worried about the stuff though (unless there is oil mixed with it)!

Yep, what they said. But if your in a cold place you'll need antifreeze in the winter and engine or water wetter in the summer.

I was told it was normal to see this...It's in mine and I've seen it in several other busa's...I was told it was okay to leave in there...I plan on switching to "Engine Ice" by spring anyway...

100_3746copy.jpg

Well it makes me feel a little more at ease now. I just thought it was odd. Now, I am gonna flush it out probably in the spring but it raises another question as to what to use in its place. According to the manual i can use regular antifreeze like prestone 50/50 or something. The dealer i do business with suggested to use the AMA red colored antifreeze. Just make sure its completely flushed. Im about 50/50 on doing that or just using regular antifreeze. I do ride in the winter to a point so I dont know how much the cold temps would make a decision on which brand to use...Any thoughts?

Any good coolant for a system with a aluminum radiator will be fine...just make sure to use distilled water
biggrin.gif

I had a lot of sediment after using engine ice for a year. The sediment was white in color and fell back into solution very easily. I am wondering if engine ice uses distilled H2O. I am not worried about it, I just do a flush when I put her away for the winter.

I cant help but wonder what it is in the first place. It seems alot of people have that occur in their busa's. I wonder if anyone has figured out just what it is and why it is such a common appearance. I wonder if its common in bikes. Maybe cause they sit for some time before being sold...hmmm

I think it's something from the manufacturing process. I flushed my reservoir once after I bought my bike and it hasn't come back since.

Back