Help!

hayabusa07

Registered
Ok I need you alls help again. I have an 07 with 15k miles carpenter racing did a head and cam package on it and it's done great so far. Today I took it out and after 7k rpm it hesitates to reach 10k like it's misses or doesn't get fuel. Does great under 7k and what iv tried so far is unplug my power commander 5 and that didn't help I cleaned the fuel injectors with sea foam that didn't help. Then I changed the spark plugs. I'm clueless. Any advice or input would be really appreciated.

Sounds like fuel filter is plugged / not letting enough fuel to feed it at higher rpm's.

I'm about to pull the tank off and drain it pull each fuel injector off clean it all and go from there to me it seems like it's fuel cutting out in high rpm but I can find anything on cleaning the fuel filter

I just pulled the tank off and pulled the fuel pump off and everything looks find but I didn't see a way to clean anything so I'm going to clean the injectors again but this time take them out and soak them and run cleaner through them. Also going to check the fuel pressure

Have you ran the seafoam through the tank ? More than likely you'll need the filter. Let us know. Also make sure that no fuel lines are kinked when the tank goes down.

I did run sea foam through the tank and it didn't change anything . Is the fuel pump connected to the fuel filter?

We'll I took the fuel pump out and also the fuel injectors cleaned them and put them back. Same problem still. I can rev it while in neurtul and u can here it after 7 or 8k sounds rough. I feel like I can hear it out of the exhaust. But while I'm driving normal it does great

Either the filter is partially plugged or fuel pump is going bad. To me it sounds like a fuel filter issue.

We'll my friend too my bike fore a test drive to see what he thought it was and he really got on it and when he did it cut off completely. So they spray starter fluid in it and it started. They said they can't hear the fuel pump prime so I believe I need a fuel pump anyone have one?

Any recommendations? Should I buy a used one or is there a way to do a fuel pump mod so I don't have to pay $700 for a new one

Ok... Got the bike back to the house and the fuse to the fuel pump was blown. I put a new one back in and it works good as new? Could a weak fuse cause all of this ugh I don't understand

Ok... Got the bike back to the house and the fuse to the fuel pump was blown. I put a new one back in and it works good as new? Could a weak fuse cause all of this ugh I don't understand

I doubt it was a "weak" fuse. The fuse probably blew because the fuel pump was pulling too many amps. Which means it was either working to hard to pump threw a blocked filter or the pump itself is going bad.

Back