Help

Southside Playa

Master Pot-Stirrer
Donating Member
Registered
Okay so the mod monster bit me in the ass and I ran out and bought a Zero Gravity DB. I take off the stock screen and now I am trying to figure out how to get those damned little rubber grommets back on to install the damn thing. It it two screws and the little rubber boots that the screws go into.

Who has done it and what do I do?

A little spit or dishwash soap makes them a little slicker to push through. It takes a little force but they will hold up fine.

Oh and be sure to screw the screws into the rubber nuts just a tiny bit... Then a little bit O spit and your home free....

Got it finally.  I cheated a little bit and used a dab of cooking oil.  If it got any worse I was going to Walgreens for some K-Y Jelly !!

Thanks for your help, many more mods, one day, but not today.  Trying to have the cleanest black-on-black on the board.

Black_Windscreen.JPG

That was my ZX-9. I actually sold it about two weeks ago. I started to post about it being sold, but I said I would be strong about it. It was really a great bike though.

I'll snap some shots of the undertail, but it came on the bike when I bought it. I need to clean it up, it is a little dusty right now.

Back