Help with undertail

Busa_05

Busa Legend
Donating Member
Registered
I installed my undertail and saved the friggin' rivets like the directions said, right? But they are not wanting to be reused. The undertail lined up beautifully, but the rivets won't hold, pop out, et cetera...what did you guys do? Any help?

Thanks!

J

Brotha! Where you been hiding? Wassa matta U? Do the rivets seat properly? Just hold them and push through. It could be that the holes in the undertail are too bgi and don't hold the rivets....
PICS would help!

I installed my undertail and saved the friggin' rivets like the directions said, right? But they are not wanting to be reused. The undertail lined up beautifully, but the rivets won't hold, pop out, et cetera...what did you guys do? Any help?

Thanks!

J
Ok dude, heres what I did and suggest you doing as well. Take you butt down to  Lowes and get a couple of expandable nuts and matching bolts to replace those cheezy azz rivets. You will need to widen the holes on the undertail just a little with a drill to get them to fit. Make sure its a snugg fit and not sloppy like your drawz (underwear).  
biggrin.gif

Or you can go to the dealership and pay a arm and leg for them, there the same as the expandable nuts used on the windscreen, but cheaper.

DSC02605.jpg

DSC02606.jpg

My .02

Take the plastic rivets and throw them in the trash!
I epoxyed nuts on the backside.

<!--EDIT|brendanp
Reason for Edit: None given...|1143498387 -->

nut.jpg

then I used S.S. button head 5/16-18 to hold them on

I had to buy apack of 100 so I have plenty if anyone wants some,pm me

screwt.jpg

Thanks!

J
Ok dude, heres what I did and suggest you doing as well. Take you butt down to  Lowes and get a couple of expandable nuts and matching bolts to replace those cheezy azz rivets. You will need to widen the holes on the undertail just a little with a drill to get them to fit. Make sure its a snugg fit and not sloppy like your drawz (underwear).  
biggrin.gif

Or you can go to the dealership and pay a arm and leg for them, there the same as the expandable nuts used on the windscreen, but cheaper.

DSC02605.jpg

DSC02606.jpg

My .02
This is pretty good.

+1

Thanks!

J
biggrin.gif

DSC02605.jpg

DSC02606.jpg

My .02
This is pretty good.

+1
Thank P-Diddy !

Either way will work, so pick your poison and post your results.

I'ma see if I can do it your way, pimpin...looks sweet fo'sho.

I'm not really trusting those plastic pushpins...'specially when the undertail seems to be putting alot of force on em.

I'm not really trusting those plastic pushpins...'specially when the undertail seems to be putting alot of force on em.
That's what I think was happening...the undertail was putting all kinds of pressure on them. Only one seated properly and then the rest would pop back out. I was getting pretty irked, so I just put everything down and walked away.
mad.gif

Thanks for the tips guys, I really appreciate it!
smile.gif
beerchug.gif

J

Thanks!

J
biggrin.gif

DSC02605.jpg

DSC02606.jpg

My .02
I'm diggin' that idea, dude. Thanks!
beerchug.gif

J

Thanks!

J
biggrin.gif

DSC02605.jpg

DSC02606.jpg

My .02
I'm diggin' that idea, dude. Thanks!  
beerchug.gif

J
beerchug.gif
No sweat ,Playa.

beerchug.gif

That's what I think was happening...the undertail was putting all kinds of pressure on them. Only one seated properly and then the rest would pop back out. I was getting pretty irked, so I just put everything down and walked away.
mad.gif

smile.gif

beerchug.gif

J
good move. If that was me, I woulda broken out the BMFH and "persuade" the things to fit.

Ya know?

mad.gif

smile.gif

beerchug.gif

J
good move. If that was me, I woulda broken out the BMFH and "persuade" the things to fit.

Ya know?
I sure do. That's why I dropped the crap right there and walked away...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Back