Help with scorpio i-500 installation

Cya

Registered
(The solution for the following question is some lines below, thanks .org)

Hi guys,

Well... i was very excited about the installation in my new Aprilia RSVR 1000. Finally this Saturday i tried with my girlfriend and i have been not able to do it rigth.
The components are the following:

Main Unit
Pemiremeter Sensor and
Universal "T" Connectors (2 to turn sigal, one to the tail and another to ground).

Once we plugged the components the last connection was the one to the battery (+). When we did, the alarm began to siren with the turn signals flashing BUT NOT THE TAIL LIGHT. I disconnected the preimeter sensor and tried again to plug again to the battery, but all the same. Began to siren while the turn signal flashed.

I verified the tail connection and seemed to be right.

Another things is that the remote gauge does not connect with the main unit. Des not appear the icon refered to be "in range" and the bike was without plastics and by my side.

I am sad about it, any suggestion apreciated, and thanks in advance.

<!--EDIT|Cya
Reason for Edit: "Already solved"|1111339500 -->

Im not a pro on this... but from what I remember, the SRi-500 only draws power from the tail lamp unit! So when the system is armed, only the indicators will blink and the tail lamp wont... so I dont see a problem in that.

There are two things that I can guess about the remote not functioning -
a) The antena of the controller unit is being blocked
b) Your Remote is not programmed. There is a section in the manual that explains you how to program a new remote to work with your SRi500, why dont you try implementing it once
rock.gif

Generally the remote is pre-programmed when you buy the kit, but there might have been an exception in your case.

Just my thought! Again i'm no expert.... someone correct me if im wrong
smile.gif

Thanks shenoyp, ill try to encode the transceiver as its written in the manual, but, as i told, once i connected the main unit it begins to siten out loud.
Im beggining to be unpopular between my neighbours
smile.gif

Ah.. i am sure the antenna was not blocked. Hope u were right with the tail light because when it sirens it does not light.

I installed the same alarm on my Busa and never really noticed that. About the taillights not blinking when the alarm is activated, not really sure I ever noticed that. I do know that once you arm the alarm, both the blinkers and taillight will flash depending on how you arm the bike (with/without perimeter, with/without alarm). Sorry I can't be of more help.
rock.gif

Ok I have a cheapo remote start alarm that I will install soon. it has TWO remote 2way pagers aswell. Should there be and ups or downs by not getting the viper alarm or lo jack? (aside from the tracking on lo-jack)

Thanks guys, already solved. Just reinstalled and programmed the remote gauge again as Shenoyp suggested. Thanks again, illl post another message to show the installation, see u soon!!

The scorpio taps into the tail lamp only as a reference that the ignition is turned on....it does not flash the tail lamp....so whenever ignition is turned on the alarm will trigger if activated because power automatically goes to the lamp when the ignition switch is on.....glad you were able to fix the problem though

Ok I have a cheapo remote start alarm that I will install soon. it has TWO remote 2way pagers aswell. Should there be and ups or downs by not getting the viper alarm or lo jack? (aside from the tracking on lo-jack)
ahh man tell me you didnt buy an aolin from ebay!
evil.gif

Back