Help with OEM rear wheel assembly

kevin8105

Registered
Working on removing swingarm extension and putting back to stock setup. I took the ext off and put factory chain adjusters in. Im wondering if I am missing a spacer on the sprocket side of the axel. Can anyone help me out? I want to make sure I am not missing anything. Axel went in left to right. Through chain adjuster, through swingarm, through a bracket that required one phillips screw (not sure of the purpose of this item) into the wheel, through rotor side then caliper, then right swingarm, right side chain block, washer then nut. Am I missing something? The sprocket seems loose like something should be between it and the bracket in the swingarm. What is the purpose of this bracket held on by one screw?

Can post a couple pics if needed. In my phone in the garage right now.

Thanks for any help.

From memory only there is a bushing between the wheel bearing and sprocket, might be wrong. Check the manuals. You should be able to spin the rear wheel and not see any wobble.

From memory only there is a bushing between the wheel bearing and sprocket, might be wrong. Check the manuals. You should be able to spin the rear wheel and not see any wobble.

Thanks guys, I looked at the service manual and it doesnt appear that I am missing anything, but I still am not sure. I dont see any mention of the flat braket that i had to install on the left side or what it is for, and there is a gap between the sprocket and swingarm that I am unsure about. The sprocket drum wobbles when you spin the tire as if there is nothing holding it in the wheel hub when installed, is the swingarm supposed to hold this together once its tightened down completely? Here is a pic of what i am talking about.

Note the space between sprocket and swingarm.

Rear Sprocket.jpg

Took a few reference pictures when i pulled my rear wheel to change out my sprocket,with a stock swingarm this should be what you have(or need);

sprocketandchainswap007.jpg

sprocketandchainswap006.jpg

sprocketandchainswap005.jpg

sprocketandchainswap004.jpg

sprocketandchainswap003.jpg

sprocketandchainswap002.jpg

Pretty sure there's a plate(if that's the one you're talking about)that does go on the inside left of the swingarm,found a ****ty pic of it under Rear Suspension,2C-1,#12 in the online download manual.

Took a few reference pictures when i pulled my rear wheel to change out my sprocket,with a stock swingarm this should be what you have(or need);

sprocketandchainswap007.jpg

sprocketandchainswap006.jpg

sprocketandchainswap005.jpg

sprocketandchainswap004.jpg

sprocketandchainswap003.jpg

sprocketandchainswap002.jpg

Crap,screwed up double post,but looks like you have that plate(just noticed where you said you installed it:laugh:)so as long as you have the spacer on each side like in my pictures you should be good to go.

Reactions: Zee

Crap,screwed up double post,but looks like you have that plate(just noticed where you said you installed it:laugh:)so as long as you have the spacer on each side like in my pictures you should be good to go.

:beerchug: Many, many thanks Jeff! Looks like I installed everything correctly. You pictures provided that little reassurance I needed. Thanks for taking the time to upload those here!!

Back