Help With Instrument Panel

n_ikkon

Registered
Ok, I am not sure if you guys have seen this before, but I am going to try to describe what I am having problems with.

Last weekend I got caught in a very heavy down pour (felt like a hurricane) so we pulled off into a Wendy's and waited for it to pass a little. Well after sometime, it did not want to clear up, so we left to make it home.

Since that down pour, the instrument panel is acting very funny. The fuel gauge points straight up and down then the next minute its half way empty. Also the temperature gauge reads hot when the bike s not hot.

Has anyone ran into this type of case? Could it have been the rain?

Thanks,

YA

never saw that before and have been caught in a couple storms. i'd pull the cluster out, open it up and make sure theres no water in there b4 sumthing really bad happens.

I too am trying to resolve this probem
Shield the balist and try to move the wires that go to the bulbs as far away from the cluster as you can
See if that helps

I too am trying to resolve this probem
Shield the balist and try to move the wires that go to the bulbs as far away from the cluster as you can
See if that helps

I read some where and they recommend to install a relay switch. have you heard of that? Something about it taking too much electricity from the panel.

It would appear that your electrics are trying to reset i.e sweep through the start cycle. This will probably clear it self if let to dry out. You could try checking the plug conections are good on the ignition wire i think its a yellow sorta green colour snap connection. I would spray some of that fine oil on the wires. That should get rid of any water left in the electrics. check also the operation of the side stand sensor.

Back