Help With Front Forks Please

Travis England

Registered
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
I have a 2004 hayabusa that is too low I bought the bike and it has a lowering triple clamp on top. I also have some receipts for the bike one says custom drag race springs 200 dollars and another says 400 labor for cutting forks ... This bike is so messed up please tell me there is no way they could have actually cut the forks ... I need more suspension travel I have only two inches from the fender (bike suspended in air) to the nose piece and from the dust seal to the bottom of the fork is 2 3/8 inches and it occasionally bottoms out it has very little travel what are your thoughts on getting this thing closer to feeling stock

image.jpeg

I don't mind the bike being lower from the triple tree but the most suspension travel this thing has is 2 3/8 that's how much of the shiny part of the tube is left showing and that's with it fully extended... I think stock should be closer to 5 so if I got 2 inches of travel back that would be great

They cut the fork for drag racing. There is nothing you can do about it other than buy new forks. The good news is you can pick them up fairly cheap on ebay.

I haven't actually read about anyone cutting the forks themselves I was hoping I could just get new springs or maybe the spacer or whatever it is that people use to lower them internally.... I guess all new forks would be easier to put on anyway

Looks like you can get a set of forks for 2-300 on ebay. I have never heard anyone putting in spacers to replace what has been cut off. You could get new springs but I don't think that would help you.

If you're close to my place on the west side ~ I would gladly swap out my stock forks . . .

What Nosbig said
There's nothing to do but keep it as it is, or buy new forks.
Good news is that you can sell them and make a few bucks.
You also could trade them for a stock set, as there are alot of folks who want cut forks for drag racing.
They do have some value.

I haven't actually read about anyone cutting the forks themselves I was hoping I could just get new springs or maybe the spacer or whatever it is that people use to lower them internally.... I guess all new forks would be easier to put on anyway

The springs are cut becuase the tubes are cut.
There is no way to make them longer.

I was watching a YouTube video of a guy lowering forks internally and he was actually cutting a spacer inside the fork and moving things around I will see if I can find a link

The springs are cut becuase the tubes are cut.
There is no way to make them longer.

Okay I googled ( how to internally lower hayabusa forks ) the first thing that popped up was a guy named coryonbusa from suzukihayabusa.org and he was showing how to lower the forks by changing spacers in the fork ... Is this the same method of lowering you are talking about because it seems like I could just buy a new spacer and start over from scratch it doesn't seem like the actual fork tube or the springs have been cut

Cut forks are not something I am personally familiar with.
Forks can physically be cut and shortened, which is of course permanent.
Whether or not yours are cut or not I do not know.
I don't know the length of the stock fork tubes, or have a gen1 to measure.
Hopefully someone can post that.
Unless your going to take the forks apart.

Do you have any pictures from the side?
If it is internally lowered, and you raise it, then it's a good time to do fork seals too.

I have seals and I talked to a buddy that has actually done it he think
image.jpeg
s if I get or make a new spacer for inside I can get a couple inches back

Back