Help with exhaust choice??

Also as far as dropping weight I know exactly what you mean... a car and bike are way different but power to weight is still the name if the game... I could only imagine what a 100 pound weight difference on a bike feels like lol... I heard you shave up to 40 pds by having a after market exhaust? If that's true then that enough is worth it...
Posted via Mobile Device

Hey cheferman sorry about coming off like an ass I didn't really mean to... I'm not here to make enemies I truly apologize for being a dip**** in the previous post... that being said I have a few reasons for wanting something cheap... I like the idea of buying a quality used exhaust... I just don't want to dump money right off the bat like I do with cars to find that racing a bike isn't for me... I'm not trying to be the fastest I want to setup the bike with the bare essentials that it needs to run decent not crazy fast... if I like it and it doesn't make me poop myself then I'll starting throwing the credit cards at it lol
Posted via Mobile Device

No worries brother! I can be just as much of an A-hole a times also. Do it at your pace and find what works best for you! there are some good deals out there. Single side/full system will be the best bang weight wise and performance. Good luck and keep us posted! Be safe :thumbsup:

Yeah I definitely want a full single system... I don't care whether its a side winder or not... I just need something to keep those egts down...
Posted via Mobile Device

well getting all that stuff used is definitely saving alot of money... I'm getting it all for under 500 bucks... I have been in the drag racing sport a long time so I don't need any lessons thank you... I just need some advice on a cheap exhaust. I have built alot of race cars and the best exhaust in my years of drag racing is no exhaust... These 2k dollar exhaust on the cars I have raced have done nothing... Yes i know back pressure and whatever but thats why I'm not running open header but a cheap exhaust... Direct port nitrous is next fellas! Thanks jgguns Ill pm him...

Haha
:moon:

You realize any drag racer isn't going to take you seriously after comments like that, right? You should consider slowing your roll, take a humble approach and you might learn A LOT from the vast years of knowledge available on the site. We're not dealing with race cars.... The header, piping and muffler is typically less piping than a set of headers on a race car, you have to work very hard with what you have to make proper power.

Make it up in my neck of the woods and we'll pull some motor bikes out to run your direct port bike. :bowdown:

Also as far as dropping weight I know exactly what you mean... a car and bike are way different but power to weight is still the name if the game... I could only imagine what a 100 pound weight difference on a bike feels like lol... I heard you shave up to 40 pds by having a after market exhaust? If that's true then that enough is worth it...
Posted via Mobile Device

30-35 lost is typical with aftermarket exhaust. Obviously the titanium pipes are going to have an advantage. The major differentiation comes from the muffler design. Longer, touring breed mufflers are going weigh substantially more than something like an alienhead or a short meg. but, if you plan on riding for hours at a time, having an exhaust tip even or before your primary riding position will be too noisy for most, and you'd want to opt for a muffler that exits behind your head.

I have a brocks street smart. nice balance. big tubes, serious power, muffler is far enough back to ride for hours

Just keep poking around. I'am sure almost any aftermarket single sided exhaust will get you where you gotta go. :beerchug: and good luck with the racing.

:welcome:
Welcome! Plenty of resources here at hayabusa.org, try this- click on Search (middle top right of screen), in that drop down menu, Search Forums field enter keywords "dump pipe". You should definitely know what that is before deciding to purchase an exhaust for that 09, especially if your gonna race it.

Real important- Check out our Sponsors here for the best in the business. Everything you need for your application these guys hook you up straight, then make sure your taken care of, great group of people.
:thumbsup:

Back