Help with exhaust choice??

09Zxkiller

Registered
I'm Josh I'm new to this forum and I have a 09 busa that I'm ready to start racing... A buddy of mine has swing arm extensions, chain, air shifter, drag seat, and rear drag shock that I'm buying. I basically need a exhaust very badly then off to the races I go... I want a full exhaust and I was wondering if anyone has seen any relatively cheap exhausts? maybe piece one together like buy headers then rest of the piping? I just don't want to drop a grand at once you know??

Not cheap but Brocks Performance has Rep of being A+ in horsepower gains. There was a member on here that had a system for sale for $600.

Welcome! So you are dropping all that coin on your buddy's stuff and you want to cheap out on the exhaust???? You are in the wrong sport/hobby if you think you can do it or want to do it cheaply.
A quality full system is going to cost you. Good luck with what it is you seek.
post up some pics of the ride! :welcome:

well getting all that stuff used is definitely saving alot of money... I'm getting it all for under 500 bucks... I have been in the drag racing sport a long time so I don't need any lessons thank you... I just need some advice on a cheap exhaust. I have built alot of race cars and the best exhaust in my years of drag racing is no exhaust... These 2k dollar exhaust on the cars I have raced have done nothing... Yes i know back pressure and whatever but thats why I'm not running open header but a cheap exhaust... Direct port nitrous is next fellas! Thanks jgguns Ill pm him...

well getting all that stuff used is definitely saving alot of money... I'm getting it all for under 500 bucks... I have been in the drag racing sport a long time so I don't need any lessons thank you... I just need some advice on a cheap exhaust. I have built alot of race cars and the best exhaust in my years of drag racing is no exhaust... These 2k dollar exhaust on the cars I have raced have done nothing... Yes i know back pressure and whatever but thats why I'm not running open header but a cheap exhaust... Direct port nitrous is next fellas! Thanks jgguns Ill pm him...

Racing cars for years is a whole different ballgame than racing motorcyles. I'm gonna have to agree with Cheferman. :whistle:

Oh I totally agree that there is a difference between racing cars and bikes, but the point of making power in my eyes in the same... I realistically could care less of one exhaust making 4hp over another when the other is a 600 dollar cheaper exhaust... thats the point i guess i was trying to make... and heres the only photo i have lol
ValleyRacingBusa.jpg
[/IMG]

i plan on taking the pipe and bazzaz off my bike if your interested lmk. going to sidewinder and ecu flash.

:welcome: to the org.

check out other tec & motor building or poll sections of the org. you will probably find what your looking for. :thumbsup:
you'll get alot of silliness in here, but it's all in good fun. 1/2 of us are froze in somewhere. it makes us kinda looney.
don't let the winter craziness run ya off. there are some awesome builders, racers, and tuners, on here that can help you build what ever your lookin for.

again :welcome: to the ORG.:beerchug:

motorcycles are where people spend 2500 bucks to pick up another 10-20 hp man. it's not like a car. anyway, brocks and tiforce are both good. remember, dropping weight off the bike makes just as big a difference as a nice set of pipes. drop 50 lbs off a 4000 lb car, that's about a 1% difference, drop 50 lbs off a bike (bst wheels, Ti exhaust, go on diet) and you're looking at an 8-10% difference, a difference that you can feel. you'll dump almost 40 lbs just by getting a high quality Ti pipe, and the power increase is just a bonus.

The best HP per $$$, especially for a dragracer, would be to find a used Brocks system.

Well with all your vast racing experience you should know which exhaust will best fit your needs.

I'm not convinced there is much difference in any of the full systems. I ran my buddy's 08 with nothing more than mufflers removed (no Powercommander) and I was .10 and 1 mph slower than my bike with a Brock's system and Powercommander. Add in the fact that my bike was 1.5" longer and had a drag seat and the difference in the et was in the 60'. The factory exhaust is heavy so you'll see improvement with any system. I would keep your eye out for a used system and not get so hung up on what it is. FYI, the Alien Head will burn your leathers and your skin if you don't get your feet up quickly.

Brocks is top notch as far as full systems go. I would just start searching my butt off for one if i was you:beerchug:

Hey cheferman sorry about coming off like an ass I didn't really mean to... I'm not here to make enemies I truly apologize for being a dip**** in the previous post... that being said I have a few reasons for wanting something cheap... I like the idea of buying a quality used exhaust... I just don't want to dump money right off the bat like I do with cars to find that racing a bike isn't for me... I'm not trying to be the fastest I want to setup the bike with the bare essentials that it needs to run decent not crazy fast... if I like it and it doesn't make me poop myself then I'll starting throwing the credit cards at it lol
Posted via Mobile Device

Back