HELP WITH DECISION PLEAZ

ICEMANN

Registered
<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>TIRES</span>

After a rash of flats I have to get new tires.

I have all good things to say about the sportec M1's. Have had 2 fronts 3 rears.

Tried contential road attacks. NO COMMENT no more either.

Want to try the Pilot powers but unsure. Everyone has good things to say. Kinda like sticking with what I know but center tred where due to st8 line interstate riding eats them up quick.

Was ready to order when a trusted friend said to get the pilot race tires. More sticker and with aggressive riding Ill like them better than the powers. Lasts little less longer. Suggested medium compounds for front and medium centered soft edges for rear. My guess it offeres less traction in rain but then If im in rain it's cause Im running for cover. Too much polish to clean.

In ohio with little twisties except for ramps and I knee drag them most times. Alot of bursts of highspeed. Ride two up often most times when I do it's JR.

Good prices on all three what ta do! pleaz chime in with good info.

JD

Go with what you know works. Also keeps your riding style since you are use to the M1's

I'd say go with what you know, as well. I'm just feelin' out a set of Pirelli Diablos and they pretty nice. Feel sticky and warm up quickly. Haven't taken them through any twisties yet.

pilot powers are great. I just mounted up a set grippy so far. I just have to get use to the turn in. The bike drops in with no effort. I just switched from Metzler Rennsports Med-rear and soft-front.

The Pilot race are great, Ive ran them in the past but they're way to soft. if you ride aggresively you cant expect more than 1,500 miles outta them. If you even think of burnin' up the rear tire you'll need a new one. But, they are great tires

Hmmm, hard to say JD. The sticky tires seem to pick up every dayuum thing on the road, especially shid that like to bite into your tires
sad.gif
. I'll be trying out the Conti Force Max when I head out west this month, and hopefully I wont have any issue's with them

I'd say go with what you know, as well. I'm just feelin' out a set of Pirelli Diablos and they pretty nice. Feel sticky and warm up quickly. Haven't taken them through any twisties yet.
Diablos are great but man they did not last for me at all. Less then 1,000 miles.

I'm pretty impressed with the diablos... I put them on, and went to a track day on them the next day.. no problems.. felt like velcro all day as long as I didn't go nuts with the throttle.. and they seem to be wearing quite well..

they riding your describing though.. I dunno if you wouldn't be just as well off with a set of bridgestone bt020's .. sport touring tire... should still have more than enough grip to rail a bit on the ramps and last much better than just wasting a strictly sport tire on the interstate.

gixx1300r has a line on some racing scrubs....you might contact him to see what he has that you might want to try.
buying a set for 100~150 could save you at least that much if you do not like a particular tire.
I used to get scrubs from daytona and they were good for about 2K miles or so of pretty agressive street riding. At 100.00 a set, it was fabulous to have tires that let me do roll-ons in the rain...and I felt secure about it. The D364 was an incedible tire for it's time.
just a thought.

I personally like my MEZ4 Menztlers have good wear for the straights and i still have done a good job at railing my bike and feeling very comfortable on them i will be doing a track day this weekend for the first time with them and i can give you a report on how well they hold up got 3000 on my rear so far with about 120 drag racing passes on them and they look like there good for another 1000 miles yet or more. To bad they no longer make them but i hear the Mez6 is replacing them and is suppose to be even better on stickyness and wear.

I have a set of Pilot Roads on the turbo bike but have not road that enough to give you a report
sad.gif

I have Maxxis on Elenor now... they are almost the price of sctock tires, and I feel they stick better than the stock!!!

JD, I love the Pilots on my Busa! They have been a very good tire as of yet! Don't think you'll be disappointed.......

I tried to sets of M1's, and I never like or trusted them. The Bridgestone BT-014's last twice as long and are wayyyyy sticky'er then the M1's. I would like to try the Pilot Powers, but they cost a lot more then the 014's, and I can't believe they can be that much better, so I'll stick with the 014's.

I'm happy with the pilot powers, so far I've gotten close to 7.5k miles on them. Not bad considering the Busa is my daily commuter.

Back