help with Cycle-Tek shifter

jspin

Registered
i just finished installing my cycle-tek co2 shifter and i'm having problems with it. unless i installed something wrong, the regulator is WAY out of adjustment. the gauge on the regulator is at 800psi and doesn't seem to move when i turn the allen head on the regulator. i understand that once there is pressure in the line, i can't adjust it without bleeding the pressure off first, but i tried adjusting the regulator without pressure in the line. how fine is the adjustment on the regulator? i thought i was turning the pressure down by turning the allen head clockwise/IN but it didn't seem to do anything until it got to a certain point where it sounded like it suddenly went full open.

the regulator is certainly way off after i messed with it, so i'm afraid to try adjusting it any more without a little advice. thanks...

Turn the regulator allen about flush with the end of the regulator then fine tune from there.The pressure should adjust by turning the allen in and out.If its not get ahold of Matt and he will take care of you.

thumb_up.gif

thanks for the replies guys.......the pressure issue was actually a user issue, so no problems there. now i'm having some problems with false nuetrals, but it's an alignment issue. thanks guys!!

Back