Help with buying a 2nd gen

MikesB12

Registered
Looking to pick up a 2nd gen and trying not to break the bank. I’ve found a 2013 that’s white and only has 3,100 miles. Mostly stock with the exception of Two Brothers black series carbon slip ons and a DB dark windscreen. The left side fairing had been scratched and repaired. The clear coat went wrong and looks like it cracked when it dried, all on the silver part of the fairing. The bike is white with silver graphics. I’ve got the guy down to $7,200 which I believe it to be worth, but how much is the fairing going to cost? I’ve looked on RonAyers and BikeBandit, can anyone else beat their price of $490? Any other known issues with the 2013’s to be aware of? Thanks.

D55CC598-06F5-40A6-957A-4099D4E5EF65.jpeg

A590EF44-6231-4147-AFC6-4AAE586B1FBE.jpeg

Looking to pick up a 2nd gen and trying not to break the bank. I’ve found a 2013 that’s white and only has 3,100 miles. Mostly stock with the exception of Two Brothers black series carbon slip ons and a DB dark windscreen. The left side fairing had been scratched and repaired. The clear coat went wrong and looks like it cracked when it dried, all on the silver part of the fairing. The bike is white with silver graphics. I’ve got the guy down to $7,200 which I believe it to be worth, but how much is the fairing going to cost? I’ve looked on RonAyers and BikeBandit, can anyone else beat their price of $490? Any other known issues with the 2013’s to be aware of? Thanks.

View attachment 1596245

View attachment 1596246
Go 7k that you are going to have to replace/fix fairing.

For what you are getting, that is a good price, the fairing is fixable, if it is not cracked or broken, it can be painted which in my opinion is a better way to go than the aftermarket fairings.

The '13 Busas are the beginning of the most modern Busa they made-ABS, Brembos have been added and it looks like some tasteful mods have already been done as well.

At 3100 miles, it is barely broken in.

Thanks guys. I was considering finding someone to repair the paint instead of replacing, just planning for the worst.
Welcome aboard. I would jump on that deal! As for the fairing, don’t buy a Chinese one, because 95% of them have a disclaimer saying the color won’t be an exact match and forum members have found that the decals don’t line up. Another thing is, if at all possible, don’t take the decals off just to repair that area, because decals alone, are over $100 dollars from Suzuki. Don’t ask me how I know...................... :-(

So I told the guy I was gonna think on it a day or two and it ended up selling. No big deal, I’m not in a hurry.

Anybody have a line on a clean ‘13 and newer busa within 300 miles of Oklahoma? I’ve searched craigslist, cycle trader and Facebook market place time and time again. May just need to go look at a ‘19 and bite the bullet.

So I told the guy I was gonna think on it a day or two and it ended up selling. No big deal, I’m not in a hurry.

Anybody have a line on a clean ‘13 and newer busa within 300 miles of Oklahoma? I’ve searched craigslist, cycle trader and Facebook market place time and time again. May just need to go look at a ‘19 and bite the bullet.
as long as u can get a new one for 12 grand.... ure wau way ahead of the game and don't have to worry about anything going wrong for at least a year,... I love warranties.

Back