HELP WITH AIRBOX MODS?

OB_KZZ1

Registered
CAN ANYONE TELL ME HOW TO DO THE AIRBOX MODS? WHAT KIND OF GAINS WILL I GET FROM IT? THANKS. ALSO, IS THERE ANY BUSA OWNERS USING A YOSH 4-2-1 EXHAUST SYSTEMS WITH GOOD RESULTS?

I ran 160 before the AB mod with slipons. Our dyno shipped today, should be here Friday/Saturday (good news). I hope to have my bike on it ASAP. I also want to test the hp gain/loss with all the tubes the same height (with a BMC filter installed). I'm sure that the resonant frequency of the air box with the mod will alter the hp & torque curve, but have not clue just where......yet that is.

http://fatman.pro-libertate.com/~jeffw/hayabusa/Airbox/airbox.html

As far as the hp gain on the AB mod, I have heard everything from 2-10 hp.

I did the airbox mod that retains the air cleaner (there is one that doesn't). I dynoed it just before and just after and gained only 2 hp. I think I may get more if I have the injection remaped.

As far as how to do it, you just cut out the plastic inside the aircleaner on the level that the aircleaner sits on. The more advanced mod is much more extensive.

Tell us more about the extensive mods - or please point the way. Realistically - do you need a ram-air dyno (or test)to see (or feel) real effects of this mod?
What are the downsides to these modifications?

Back