Help With A Ferrari/busa Build?

Hey turbo-minivan, I had never built a motor or opened one up before, but used the shop manual for the busa, which is available free online and built the motor for a boosted application. Easily done and the Busa motor is actually pretty easy to navigate around.

^ thanks! i will check that for sure once im starting back up that road.

i finally have my parts and i think im ready to open the motor.
i have never opened a bike engines bottom end before. i have looked across youtube but i cant seem to find a good tear down vid of the bottom end.
i assume its as simple as taking anything apart and just going slow, but id like a video to follow or a write up on getting down enough to install my Billet output shaft and steel shift shafts and so on if one exists out there. anything is better than going in blind.

also, i remember reading or hearing about these engines having balance shafts? is that correct? do guys leave them in or take them out? back in my youth with turbo dodge cars, we always took out the balance shafts to reduce weight and unnecessary rotating mass. whats the story for these engines??

To bad you are not going the turbo route. Would have been an awesome build thread to salivate over :drool:.
The Busa motor is nice to work on and comes apart pretty easily in my opinion. The clutch basket gave me a little trouble the first time I removed it. Little trick to taking it off but cant remember. Impact wrench will remove the big nut holding the basket to the shaft. No special expensive suzuki tool needed.
When mating the case halves back together during assembly I've had good luck using a thin layer of ultrablack. Its also good to have a friend help you during this step! The shift forks are on the bottom half of the case. Lining them up with the transmission is a bit of a trick without touching the case half surfaces with your fingers. A few practice runs before hand and you should be alright. :bounce:

Last edited:
Back