help with 03 new harness upgrade

NDVBUSA

Registered
Installed a used 03 harness on my 00 Bus and now my headlights won't work at all, no power to either fuse. Any help greatly appreciated.

99 and 2000 have the same ecu.
2001 has it's own ecu.
02-07 use the same ecu, also different from the others.
02-07 is ideal, as that ecu can be flashed.
So to use the 03 harness on your 2000, you'll need an 02-07 ecu, stator pickup, and few other electrical parts.
There is a thread on the conversion here somewhere, with all the details that you need.
I'll post a link here if I can find it.
Let me look.

99 and 2000 have the same ecu. 2001 has it's own ecu. 02-07 use the same ecu, also different from the others. 02-07 is ideal, as that ecu can be flashed. So to use the 03 harness on your 2000, you'll need an 02-07 ecu, stator pickup, and few other electrical parts. There is a thread on the conversion here somewhere, with all the details that you need. I'll post a link here if I can find it. Let me look.
99 and 2000 have the same ecu. 2001 has it's own ecu. 02-07 use the same ecu, also different from the others. 02-07 is ideal, as that ecu can be flashed. So to use the 03 harness on your 2000, you'll need an 02-07 ecu, stator pickup, and few other electrical parts. There is a thread on the conversion here somewhere, with all the details that you need. I'll post a link here if I can find it. Let me look.

Any modifications to the bike?
Exhaust? airbox mods? fuel controller?
Yes, it's a crank up turbo build. Originally a 00 Busa block. Upgraded to a 32 bit crank, new wossner turbo pistons, rods, cams, ss, valves, springs and so on and so on. Everything is new. Turbo system is a proboost system for gen 1 street. Has its own fuel injectors in plenum, that has its own controller. 03 ecu. And wiring harness. Had to make mods to harness, to get lights to work. Also has too change fuel pump to a 3 wire from my 4 wire. Eliminating one wire. Runs good over 3000 rpm but stutters and stalls at 2-2500. Trying to get 500 miles on her before going to a dyno.

Yes, it's a crank up turbo build. Originally a 00 Busa block. Upgraded to a 32 bit crank, new wossner turbo pistons, rods, cams, ss, valves, springs and so on and so on. Everything is new. Turbo system is a proboost system for gen 1 street. Has its own fuel injectors in plenum, that has its own controller. 03 ecu. And wiring harness. Had to make mods to harness, to get lights to work. Also has too change fuel pump to a 3 wire from my 4 wire. Eliminating one wire. Runs good over 3000 rpm but stutters and stalls at 2-2500. Trying to get 500 miles on her before going to a dyno.

I'm not a turbo guy(love them, but zero experience with them).
But why not break it in on the dyno?
It would be much safer, and hard break-in's are ideal.
Your stutter could be a fueling or timing issue, and could damage an expensive build.

Hesitant on hard break in. Did that with my first build and it didn't end well. Hoping to go slow here and keep her running for a long time.

Hesitant on hard break in. Did that with my first build and it didn't end well. Hoping to go slow here and keep her running for a long time.

500 miles with forced induction, and improper air/fuel is a bigger risk.

Back