help!!! what do you think

JDbigpimpin

Registered
Ok here is my problem I rode my bike for about a month with the factory cans and I had always thought they looked odd on it. So when I heard about stubdys I got a set and put them on. I fell in love with them as soon as I put them on the look the sound I just love them. As I have said before this is my first bike so I don't know a lot about bikes I just know what I like. That being said I went on a ride to okc with some friends a couple of weeks ago to see a stunt show. It was the biggest group of bikes I have been around since I got my bike. So I got to see a large variety of bikes and a lot of stuff I could do with mine. One guy had the same bike as I have but he had done a lot of stuff to it. One thing in particular I had never seen before was he had a alien head exhaust . He was a nice guy and seemed to know a lot about bikes so when he asked me what I rode I showed him and he immediately noticed my tips that I was so proud of and said if he were me he would get rid of them as soon as possible when I asked him why he said they were white trash. So I asked around and this is what I found out . A lot of people think the same thing also you lose power with them and thay are to loud. I was shocked the pipes I loved so much were looked at so poorly. So kicking and screaming I have been looking for another pipe. I have looked at a lot of pipes and I think I have narrowed down to the r77 but I don't know whether to go with SS or carbon fiber . I was talking to a friend and he said if I like the ones I have why change them but I don't want my bike to look like white trash . what do you guys think? thanks

Don't change your bike because someone else said they didn't like them. Do what you want to your bike. If you like em, keep em. Good luck. :thumbsup:

Dan

I saw an 09 white busa today. my favorite color of the new busas. it was covered in stickers, head to toe. I thought it looked awful and I would never, ever put crap like that on my bike. I go inside the store and while i was waiting I actually met the dude and he was real cool. My point is its YOUR bike. do what you like and what you can afford.
ride safe bro

If you like your exhaust, don't change it. There will ALWAYS be someone out there who doesn't agree with you, or like your choices, etc, etc. The only person you have to please when it comes to YOUR bike is yourself.

D

Its always better to do what other tell you to do.
-Hitler

Do what you want to do, its your life.
-Hugh Hefner

Some people dont like the shortened stock cans, but they can ride their bike and I'll ride the $hit out of mine and love every minute of it.

if you like them keep them, if you find something else you like, go with it :thumbsup: do what makes you happy with your bike. one of my best friends worries so much about what other people think about how his stuff looks that he cant enjoy it. and :welcome: to the org.

P.S. iv gotten use to being called a squid form time to time maybe i need to implant white trash into my buddies vocabulary :rofl: i always tell thm flattery wont get them anywhere :rofl::rofl:

You say "white trash" like thats a bad thing!

Keep em.

THat guy doesn't understand what the Busa's all about then. It's your bike do what you like and do it proudly.:thumbsup:

I recently wrecked my 05 and it had FMF slip-ons which I have never seen on another Busa, I plan on replacing the Bike and the same pipes because of their unique sound and individual look, not to just fit in with what everyone else likes .... I gotta be me :thumbsup: and if noone else like it then that's just fine with me. :moon:

Busa 1.jpg

I have some one at work how is vocal about how my bike should look so I feel your pain(But he drives a cage all the time). You need to keep what you want. The only opinon that matters is yours. Just take his and other coments with a grain of salt. The only time I listen is when it involves saftey. Even then I double check the info. Enjoy YOUR ride.

A little insecure about how your scoot looks to others eh? Well good luck with that.

You do you! Don't worry about what others think.you make that payment not them,so you decide what looks good to you and let the others get their hate on!

It's your bike, if you are gonna switch parts every time that someone likes something other than what you have done to it...it's gonna get expensive :banghead:

If you love em and they work, keep em...

However I will vent a personal opinion here,

I hate to see a 15-20,000 Busa with a stretch and all new paint, huge chromed 330 rear tire, and all. Basically a show bike with money thrown at it from left and right with all kinds of mods and they put a 250 set of tips on it, lol...But i know they will never race the bike so it just makes me smile.

Just me, I used to have HB tips on my 08, loved the sound, got heads turned everywhere, even scared a college dude trying to ring a huge bell here in Asheville near the center of town, he didn't know there was know thingy in it to make it ding, the bell is almost four feet in diameter and he had pulled it all the way sideways and let it go to try and scare some other folks.

Well I reved on him as i passed from his back side and he screamed and jumped, it was so funny... His buddy just cracked up and the girl like shreak he let out...

Now I am hunting for a full exhaust to loose some weight on the bike.

If you love em and they work, keep em...

However I will vent a personal opinion here,

I hate to see a 15-20,000 Busa with a stretch and all new paint, huge chromed 330 rear tire, and all. Basically a show bike with money thrown at it from left and right with all kinds of mods and they put a 250 set of tips on it, lol...But i know they will never race the bike so it just makes me smile.

Just me, I used to have HB tips on my 08, loved the sound, got heads turned everywhere, even scared a college dude trying to ring a huge bell here in Asheville near the center of town, he didn't know there was know thingy in it to make it ding, the bell is almost four feet in diameter and he had pulled it all the way sideways and let it go to try and scare some other folks.

Well I reved on him as i passed from his back side and he screamed and jumped, it was so funny... His buddy just cracked up and the girl like shreak he let out...

Now I am hunting for a full exhaust to loose some weight on the bike.

said HB tips.... thanks man.

busa.jpg

Back