Help taking passenger pegs off!

jdevans85

Registered
Hello, I'm in the process of trying to get a lot of different things on my bike powder coated, the passenger pegs being one. But I have never taken the plastic off on this bike, is there a trick to getting to the 2 bolts under that are covered up? I'm about to just quit, lol, and I've already got the rear sets taken apart. Powder coat appointment is tomorrow lol, so any help would be appreciated! :bowdown:
Thank you

there are several 'push pins' on the gen one. just push in the center circle and then when i try to remove them they fall somewhere i can not reach. then i go buy more.

Remove the cowl or rear seat, 2 push pins on each side, the 2 bolts connecting tail section to frame, 2 screws on the top of the tail section, grab bar (if installed) and then either remove the lock or unhook the locking mechanism from the tail section.

thank you for the quick replies, but unfortunately I ran out of time on this and think i screwed my bike up when I was trying to remove my right rearset brake assembly. I think the rear brake somehow got depressed with the back wheel removed, not sure how it happened though to be honest. I think I'm just going to put the bike back together, or try to at least, may have to pay someone to do it. Already had one rearset fully disassembled ready for powder coating too.
Justin
:banghead:

Don't give up!!

Go here and down load the manual, it will give you an idea of what your doing

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gen-ii-busa-information/79087-k8-manual-download.html

When and if you get the passanger peg brackets off and going to remove the passager peg from the bracket.... be very carefull, do it over a catch pan because there is a small ball bearing and spring that will fall out and take an hour to find them on the garage floor. :banghead:

use a large screwdriver to work your brake pads back apart, no worries you didnt hurt anything

thank you for the quick replies, but unfortunately I ran out of time on this and think i screwed my bike up when I was trying to remove my right rearset brake assembly. I think the rear brake somehow got depressed with the back wheel removed, not sure how it happened though to be honest. I think I'm just going to put the bike back together, or try to at least, may have to pay someone to do it. Already had one rearset fully disassembled ready for powder coating too.
Justin
:banghead:

Where are you from in OK? There are plenty of members on here from OK, maybe you could get someone to help you out.

Don't give up! Just keep asking for help, eventually you will get thru it and enjoy the whole process. Nothing better than working on your own bike!
But try to remember, what Winter is for, so you dont miss any riding time or rush the job you're working on.

I learn more things about my bike by screwing up and then go back and fixing it . for instance drop your bike in a parking lot , ??? you learn how to change plastics

Thank you for all the encouraging comments guys, I think tonight I might try to revisit those rearsets tonight! The main thing that I'm really worried about is not putting everything back together right and it screwing up while I'm driving at excessive speeds, especially the brake assembly, lol.
Oh I'm also in Ponca City, Ok.
Thanks again :bowdown:

Just take your time, and stay organized when taking it apart.

Back