Help!!! Removing fairings off a Gen 1 for paint..

Busa Brian

Registered
I have a 06 Busa that I'm getting ready to get painted but shop wants me to break bike down. I have never done this before I need some help how do you remove the tank?? Just looking at the bike everything else looks pretty straight forward..

Thanx in advance....

rashpics 001.jpg

rashpics 002.jpg

rashpics 003.jpg

007.jpg

006.jpg

008.jpg

2 bolts up front and 2 under the seat. fuel line, a couple vent tubes, and plug for the pump and tip over switch.

If you have a tube that fits over the tank barb like 3/8th or so you can divert the tank contents to another container (or all over the floor)...being prepared is a good idea

aside from the bolts that hold it to the frame (I found it easier to take the bracket off the frame under the seat)...the one line to pay attention to has the quick connect fitting...if you have 3-4 feet of hose you can drain the tank into another gas can...home depot has line that would work just fine..having gone through it before a line shut off would be nice for fuel tank removal

With the internal pump, you will only lose what gas is in the line. The tank won't drain through the fuel line.

Take the 2 screws out of the front of the tank. Lift the tank and disconnect the fuel pump connector, the tipover switch connector, and the fuel line quick connect. Unbolt the rear bracket from the frame (2 bolts), not from the tank (4 bolts). Lift the tank off and set it aside. I place towel across an old tire to set it on. It's easier if you ride it almost out of gas before starting this.

DSCI0013.jpg

DSCI0014.jpg

DSCI0016.jpg

Also go out and get some sandwich bags and POST IT'S write where all the boots came from, I always do all bolts per fairing, then all from the nose because you will have lots of clips. Will help a lot when the bikes apart for a few weeks.

Also go out and get some sandwich bags and POST IT'S write where all the boots came from, I always do all bolts per fairing, then all from the nose because you will have lots of clips. Will help a lot when the bikes apart for a few weeks.

Thats my plan get the bags with the labels on them... BTW I love your bike man...

Back