Help REAR BRAKE!!!

07vigorblue

Donating Member
Registered
I just stretched the busa and can not get any pressure built up. I took off the caliper and when pumping the brake the pistons will move about an 1/8" but go right back. i even changed the master cylnder out as i had an extra one and nothing. it will squirt fluid out if you pump the Sh*T out of it but still no pressure:banghead:

you have air in the line my brother!!!!! it takes for ever to prime those extended lines. Just keep pumping!

If you don't have a mighty vac or some kind of suction bleeder make you a pressure bleeder with a syringe(or something you can load fluid in and push out,sealed) with a piece of line connected between it and caliper bleeder, open bleeder and push fluid up thru the system backwards which should naturally push the air up and out of mc. Since you replaced mc sometimes it's easier to just pull it and bench bleed that and then re install and bleed system. My R1 did that once and it was a bear to bleed when I had to replace mc.

What worked for me was to pump the brake, then slightly crack open tge master cylinder, wait for tge air/fluid to cone out, tighten, do it a few times, then do the same thing at the banjo bolt on the rear brake.

Yeah, gotta break the brake line loose at the master cylinder to help bleed it before going to the bleeders on the caliper. Takes forever, since the master does not move much fluid.

A Mity Vac will sure speed up the process. That little item is one of the most useful $29.99 I've spent in a while.

If you decide to push the fluid instead of pulling the fluid with a Mightyvac you will force microscopic air molecules of air into the fluid which you can never bleed out and your brakes will always be spongy and will fade faster with heat.

In order to push fluid rather than pull fluid you MUST use a high end pump with a diaphram that seperates the air from the fluid.

Or, you can use a syringe which does not use air pressure to push the fluid. I went to a farm feed store and purchased a big syringe used for cows & horses and it works quite well without spending $400 on a diaphram pump.

They are right, It takes forever to get it all out, I got a Mighty Vac and it helped alot, a whole lot. But it still takes awhile.

I don't have a Gen I sitting in the garage, but someone told someone there were two bleed ports on the rear caliper not long ago. They weren't aware of the one on the inside. Best of luck.

Well .org has done it again bought the mighty vac and all problems are fixed. Should have just bought the damn thing along time ago :banghead: thanks for the help guys

Back